WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Class of 2022

Hi all,

I am Hanabi. I too am planning to thru hike in 2022. Currently planning on a NOBO starting late February (weather permitting). Not my first long backpacking trip, but it will be my longest. Just finished college and I need to figure out what I want to do with my life. Looking to talk to other people I may meet out there.

Cheers,

Just registered for my thru hike in 2022 starting March 26th - going to flip-flop starting at Harriman in NY going SOBO to Troutville, then NOBO from Harriman to Katahdin, and finish SOBO from Troutville to Springer.

March 26th is my late brother's birthday and I'm hiking in his honor; something I've wanted to do for the last 20 years.
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

I am planning on starting a NOBO thru in the second week of March 2022, already registered with the ATC, have all of my gear just about set and will be doing some overnight shakedowns over the rest of this year, I fortunately live fairly close to the A.T., I had originally planned a thru-hike in 2012 while living in Gorham New Hampshire when I first read about thru-hiking in an article, changed my plans at the last minute and bought a new Harley Davidson Road King Classic and moved to Virginia, 5 days after I got there, a guy crashed into the back of me and my bike, totaled it and laid me up with a back injury for two years, things could still change but right now my plan is 2022.

I'll be starting a 2nd thru attempt in mid-March. Not excited about hiking with the bubble, but I guess that drastically raises my chances of meeting some cool people.
    AT '16 GA-NY - 1,378 miles
    AT '22 GA-ME?

Been retired a while now and needed something big to look forward to. My son graduates from college this December, and since we have done a week or so each summer on the AT in Virginia the last 7 years or so, we decided that something "big" should be a 2022 thru hike. We have all of the equipment that would be needed, but I am now in a serious research mode for lighter and lighter items. We are scheduled for a late Feb. start. See 'ya on the trail!

Registered and will start March 11th '22 NOBO. Was originally going to do it in 2015 but life and job held me back. However, 2020 and 2021 have been to crappy years and I now have the free time to do it. 2020 - Lost 2 parents 2 months apart, but got engaged in October 2020. Fast forward to 2021 and my fiancée broke up with me, I think, and I got terminated from my job, ha! So, now there's nothing holding me back. I think it will be a breath of fresh air and I'll have plenty of time to think out there. LetsDoThis!

Well thought out plan! And the quotation at the bottom of your page is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if any of y'all are rethinking the plan for 2022. This year has seen really heavy use. I wonder what next year will be like.

For me, I likely won't thru hike next year as plans changed. We were going to do a "scouting trip" this year (for my support "team") and thru next year. This year we ended up in CO and will do our "scouting trip" next year. I will likely hike sections and maybe do some trail magic in 2022. Hopefully thru in 2023. Really depends on so many moving pieces.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Every year the number of people on the trail increases. 2022 will be no different. If you wait for the number of people to decrease, you'll never do a thru.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++