WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Repairing plastic window on rainfly?

My 8 year old Marmot Limelight tent rainfly has a plastic window that I accidentally ripped off when it got caught on one of the tent poles. My plan is to use 3M double sided tape (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I4E4HPI) to reattached it to the rainfly. There's a 1/2" overlap so 1/2" wide tape would fit perfectly. Is there another tape that's better suited for this repair? Or some kind of glue?20180318_144851.jpg

Images

I used spinnaker tape from West Marine on my Kelty Gunnison 3 that I use for car camping. I'll never buy another tent with "windows" again. It could have been a trek ending event had it happened out there where resources are scarce. I taped both windows inside and out. Holding out so far but I do carry a tarp in the car now.
    Let no one be deluded that a knowledge of the path can substitute for putting one foot in front of the other.
    —M. C. Richards

Images
    Let no one be deluded that a knowledge of the path can substitute for putting one foot in front of the other.
    —M. C. Richards

Does Spinnaker tape come double sided?

Images

No, my selection did not. That is why I taped outside and inside around the windows. It made like a tape sandwich, tape inside and outside with the window and tent fabric in the middle. tape is 2" wide so there is plenty to work with. Whatever tape, have fun getting it all smooth and no wrinkles.
    —M. C. Richards

++ New Posts ++