WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hayduke Fall 2018: looking for hiking partner.

Hi folks, I am planning on hike the Hayduke Trail as a fall thru-hike this year, starting about October 1. I am looking for someone to do this with and have cast my net far and wide amongst my thru-hiker friends; I figured I would check here too.

I'm 33 and have Triple crowned (AT 09, PCT 12, CDT 15.). I also have been mountaineering since 2014, privately and with the Seattle chapter of the Mountaineers climbing club, and have climbed all of the major glaciated peaks in the Pacific Northwest as well as Mexico's Orizaba. By October I will be coming off of thru hikes of Spain's Camino de Santiago, Canada's Great Divide Trail, and the Sierra High Route so will be in thru hiker shape from the start--however, I am a moderately paced, lightweight-not-UL hiker and am planning to complete the route in the average 60 days.

I would love to do this with someone of a similar pace and skill level. Please PM me if interested

THE DARKNESS!⚡️-

That's so tempting.

R U planning to stick stictly to Mitchell's and Coronella's book described route? I suggest you don't. Use it as the boilerplate and improve on it. WEBO spring alum. I forget if it was 07 or 09. OMG. LOL. I was right behind Skurka for awhile until he left me in the dust. Lol. I'd love a fall second. Frankel's 05 route is what I based my hike and improved on that. I haven't seen Skurka's HDT mapset. If it's anything like his SHR and SEKI HIGH ROUTE mapsets combined with Brian's maps and ressuply pts I'd think that's a primo approach. When planning your hike let me know if I can add my HDT improvements? I have to do it verbally though. All my HDT stuff is in storage away from where I am currently.

You sound more advanced currently than where I was when I did it. I finished the TC after the HDT with the HDT an off year mileage hike,

Andrews mapset makes the hike much easier. I wish it was available when I hiked.

FWIW, to put it out there I came up with a much better scenic alternative through Arches, Canyonlands, and Bryce. Brian's ending in Zion and into Canyonlands is better than the book authors.

I'm considering hiking the Hayduke this fall, and am totally open to hiking partners! I'm 32, AT 2013, PCT 2016, moderately fast and hoping to finish in 60 days or less, so it sounds like we're in the same boat for a lot of it. Although I'm hoping to start a little earlier than you, probably early to mid-September.

++ New Posts ++