WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've really liked my Sierra Designs Flashlight 2 and was going to post a link, but it seems to be discontinued. I had an earlier version in the '90s called the Clip Flashlight, but it was also discontinued. Odd names, but great tents.

Quote Originally Posted by bighammer View Post
    I've really liked my Sierra Designs Flashlight 2 and was going to post a link, but it seems to be discontinued. I had an earlier version in the '90s called the Clip Flashlight, but it was also discontinued. Odd names, but great tents.
    Sierra Designs' Tensegrity tents bear design similarities to their Flashlight 2, and are back at REI outlet for half off. They have been gone for a little while; I guess they bought up some old stock or returns. They have both the 1 and 2, as well as the FL and Elite. I have the 1 FL and like it quite a bit for its side entry, covered storage (and practically shaped, unlike so many), excellent ventilation, good floor shape (does not come to a point at either end), etc. Does have 1 hoop pole for feet, so in that sense it's not for no-other-poles-purists, but it's definitely worth it since it keeps the single wall roof off the foot of your bag, and you can pack it separately.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

My go-to is the TarpTent Notch, like several other people here. If I think I can trust wind and bugs, I might instead bring my 8x10 and 5x7 silnylon tarps and just set up some sort of field-expedient shelter. That's a few ounces lighter, but there aren't many times when I enjoy the conditions for it. If I hiked in the arid West, I'd tarp a lot more often.

Blessed is he that sleepeth behind bug netting, for he shall remain sane.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Images

Zpacks Duplex...great tent, plenty of room for you and your gear or you and someone else (it will be snug) and very lightweight. I love mine

Images

Ditto on the Lunar Duo. I've had one for years and love it. I've pitched it in exposed places with
    significant wind loading and it has always held up. The tent has good headroom and is under 3 lbs
    which isn't bad for a 2 person tent. It has a full bathtub with netting and entrances on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcranky View Post
    TT Notch for solo, Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo for two people (this is an *amazing* tent for 2), or the Zpacks Triplex if you have the cash.

Registered User Nolan "Guido" Jordan's Avatar

Lightheart is a very good brand

I have a tarptent rainbow. Nice tent for one About 2 lbs. I’m thinking of upgrading to a duplex though mainly because the material doesn’t hold water like silnylon. The price
    of the Cuban though! If your interested in the tarptent message me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++