WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hostel opening in Portland, ME

Just to be clear, this isn't a *hiker* hostel, but I thought I'd share here anyway. I just saw the other day that some folks are opening a travelers hostel in downtown Portland. Not really any info on it just yet, except that it's located within walking distance (for normal people, not just hikers) of most of the good stuff in town, and they say it'll be open in June this year.

Probably not of too much interest for AT folks, except as potentially affordable lodging in the city while you're on your way into or out of Maine.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/blackelephanthostel/about

pretty cool. Thanks for the info.
    Let me go

Thanks for the tip!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Just a followup on this one-- The Black Elephant is open, and it looks like a really nice place! Rates for bunks are as low as $40, which is amazingly low for the location. Like I said earlier, it's a different beast than what you'll find on the AT, but if you happen to be coming through Portland and need a place to stay, this might be a really good option.

https://www.blackelephanthostel.com

++ New Posts ++