WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default shuttle, or other ideas, from Kent, CT to Kittatinny Point Visitor Center

I am getting my ducks in a row for upcoming AT section hike, about the first of May, give or take.

Trying to figure out how best to get a ride from Kent, CT, where I will park my car, to Kittatinny Point Visitor Center. Shuttle? Bus? Any combination?

Thanks!

Speedbump 😎

My understanding is there is a bus from NYC to the Delaware Water Gap. So you'd just have to get from Kent, CT to NYC. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

If you can be more specific on the day I might know of some silly person who'd give you a ride gratis.
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 04-06-2018 at 20:52.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

There is no public transportation out of Kent, CT. You will need the graces of Teacher.

Now if you wanted to extend the hike by about a week, you could stop at Lee, MA where you could get a bus back to the DWG.
    (Lee ->Boston ->NYC -> DWG)
    If you went with this plan, it might be better to park at the DWG then at Lee. It would definitely save several hours of driving.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by bertcourson View Post
    I am getting my ducks in a row for upcoming AT section hike, about the first of May, give or take.

Trying to figure out how best to get a ride from Kent, CT, where I will park my car, to Kittatinny Point Visitor Center. Shuttle? Bus? Any combination?

Thanks!

Speedbump ��

If you can get to Wasaic NY on the other side of the ridge, there is a train to NYC. From there you can get transportation per post above out of NYC. The bus terminal out of NYC is a mile or so from the train terminal.

++ New Posts ++