WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Pursuit of Endurance- JPD

Jennifer Pharr Davis has a new book out today- 'Pursuit of Endurance'

FKT fan or not... Like much of Jen's work I'm sure this will transcend the topic and includes discussion with plenty of folks. I'm really looking forward to the chapter with Scott Williamson as it's rare enough to hear from him.

Jen's book remains one I can share with any non-hiker friend and know they will enjoy it. In our new town my wife ended up as a nanny to a gal who went to school with Brew... it was fun handing her Jen's book to check out in this small world we live in.

Jen is a unique person, with an evolving and engaging writing style that reaches beyond the trail.
    I'm sure this one will be no exception and expect the inspiration to continue.

Nice promo video on facebook too I was not able to find a way to share here... worth checking out for those who have access to my page or on her public page (no account needed). https://www.facebook.com/jenpharrdavis/

https://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-Endur...40_&dpSrc=srch

One of my favorites lines from one of her books is Brew blubbering “But, I’m a romantic” I’ve used that line a time or two when I was done hiking and my gf wanted to keep going.

Thanks for the note!
    Already listening to the audiobook which Jen reads herself.
    Backpacking light, feels so right.

Leonidas

I missed an opportunity to meet her last week, I had the boys since my wife was out of town with my daughter. She had just completed the AL portion of the Pinhoti. My wife has heard her speak before and really enjoyed it.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    I missed an opportunity to meet her last week, I had the boys since my wife was out of town with my daughter. She had just completed the AL portion of the Pinhoti. My wife has heard her speak before and really enjoyed it.
    I saw her speak last week, more than likely the same venue as I am in Birmingham also. Took my daughters. She is a special human.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    I saw her speak last week, more than likely the same venue as I am in Birmingham also. Took my daughters. She is a special human.
    The woman in town here who went to college with Brew... didn't even know Jen's name or a thing about her.
    The only thing she did hear was that Brew had an amazing wife.

Few chapters in... enjoying the departure in style.
    Bit of Bryson-like weaving of history, background, and education into the personal narrative.

++ New Posts ++