WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Class of 2019

Default Class of 2019

Hey! It's never too early to prepare and plan ahead. I'm Luxembear from ... Luxembourg/Europe. If everything goes according to plan, you'll see me on the trail starting Feb/March 2019. I already put in for my leave and I was hoping to start a threat for next year. I did a few long distance trails in Europe, but nothing exceeding 150 miles. I've also been on the AT for a few day hikes already. But the time has come to get real about a thru hike . I've started this threat in hopes of getting to know a few people who are committed to hike the AT in 2019 and who can help each other out with planning and staying on goal.

PS. As far as I know, I may be the first person from Luxembourg ever attempting a thru hike. Or does any of you ever met another fellow hiker from our tiny Grand-Duchy? (No, it's not Germany)

I’m planning a late February 2019 NOBO thruhike

Since the ATC defines through hike as 12 month period, I'm planning to do a section in October and then start March 1 of next year.

That lets my wife and I work our own hike our own way. So we will be 2019 as well.

Default Class of 2019

My plan is to start my thru hike the last week of February. Hope to see you then.

I’m hiking NOBO second week of March. 9 months and counting.
    We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.
    - Finis Mitchell

https://lighterpack.com/r/6yyu2j

I plan on starting my NOBO hike on March 1st. Hope to meet you on the trail 😃

I am planning on starting sometime in the second half of March. Exact date unsure at this time. Hoping to see a good crowd! Where is everyone in your planning process? Anything you've found useful so far? I'm just doing a lot of prep hikes to dial in my gear. Luckily, I live in Atlanta, so I've spent a lot of time on the GA section and have spoken to many thru hikers this year beginning the journey.

While voluntary, I registered my hike with the ATC. My start date is March 18.
    I also purchase out of country travel insurance for six months (I’m from Canada)
    We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.
    - Finis Mitchell

https://lighterpack.com/r/6yyu2j

Images

Planning a thru hike for 2019. Flip flop starting Mid April, Northern Virginia. 2017 thru hike attempt stopped after the unexpected death of my Dad pulled me off the trail in the first week. That attempt was NOBO and I learned a lot in those few days, one thing was I am not a fan of the crowds starting late March. Flip Flop allows me to start a little later, avoid the crowded camp areas and can take some time off when I reach Maine my summer home before heading back SOBO early fall. Hope to see you all on the trail at some point. I'm slow and steady. "Ole Girl".

Planning on NOBO 2019. Penciling in March 11 for my start date (also, not doing the approach trail).

As far as planning, I'm nailing down my gear, just about done. Only thing I'm on the fence about is my tent, but I've got plenty of time to figure that out. I could take the one I'm currently using, but there are always lighter options

Looking forward to meeting some people! Would also love to chat more as our dates get closer!

me too! was debating starting after or from flip flop festival in HF or at Southern end of Shenandoah National Park and hiking to the festival then continuing on north from there. No trail name yet, maybe blazinraisin? we'll see.

I'm looking at a start of 15 Mar 2019. Nobo.

I am also planning a late February start. Newly retired!!! Can't wait.....

Started a trail journal.

http://www.trailjournals.com/journal/entry/596552

All preparation now.

Wife registered us with the ATC.

Images

Tentative start date March 13, NoBo. I'm going to start at the Visitors center this time and just drag my feet for a few months. Until then, just passing time with gear testing and new resupply strategies. Thinking of going stove-less this time, since it actually worked out fairly well during the last few hundred of 16.

New trail journal http://www.trailjournals.com/conductor19 Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new folks.

Starting Feb 1st! Attempted last year but messed my knee up.

Hey, I’m planning a nobo last week in February and really excited. Hope to meet some of you guys out there and maybe get some useful hints and tips prior to departure date!

I will attempt a thru hike SOBO in early june of 2019.

I got a week of vacation coming up and was thinking of doing a short section in the Shenandoah as a warm up for my 2019 flip flop thru hike. was thinking about late September or first week in October. wasn't real concerned about trying to do big miles but more or less trying out gear and gettn dialed in a bit. Anyone out there interested, click on my name tag, add as a friend and send a private message. thanks and best of luck to all in your prep for next year. -blazinraisin

I'm looking at starting around mid-April. Hopefully late enough to avoid the overcrowding but still early enough to not contend with Baxter closing before I get there. I don't want to be in a hurry either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++