WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default walking on the foothills trail SOBO

and then continuing on to the Bartram Trail up to Cheoah Bald and eventually to Fontana. I am still mulling over my summer hike plans and need some info/advice on resupply options if I choose this walk. one is to carry food for a 100 mile hike and resupply in Clayton but I'd rather not for obvious reasons (i figure 10 - 14 mpd). Any other options or tips/

To any offended by the nature of this post, I apologize in advance.

bumping this as I have to believe someone here has linked the Bartram and Foothill Trails together as a part of a longer hike. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Foothills has no resupply to speak of iircc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Blain-Laider View Post
    Foothills has no resupply to speak of iircc.
    That's what I understand as well. That doesn't concern me. It's getting the extra miles from the FH SOBO terminus to Franklin NC in addition to the FH trails miles that concerns me. I don't want to emulate Tipi and his 95 lb. pack if at all possible. Not that there is anything wrong with that Tipi!

I have hiked the FHT but cannot comment on the other section you are hiking. If I were you, I would cache food ahead of your hike. There are several road crossings on the FHT that would make this quite easy. I take large Tupperware containers, tape the edges, and then bury them. I have never had a problem with animals or water damage.

Have fun on you hike. The FHT is extremely challenging but probably my favorite trail I have ever hiked. Also, do not pass on the side trails to waterfalls. You will regret it later if you do. I promise.

Images

There are some shuttlers on the FHT that will meet you for a resupply at certain points on the trail if that helps.

++ New Posts ++