WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Looking For a Ride from Atlanta and Next Day

I will be flying in to Atlanta on May 7th. I do have a room booked at Amicalola. What I would really like is an offer of a ride from Atlanta to either Dawsonville, Dahlonega, or Ellijay to spend the night, then a ride to the park the next morning. Or should I just go with my original plan of shuttle to the park and spend the night? What it is is that the rooms are so expensive at the park, but I would really rather lay in a bed before beginning because there is going to be plenty of nights in a tent. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I think maybe a shuttle (Ron Brown is good choice) from ATL to a hostel near Springer. I am not familiar with Georgia hostels down that close to springer
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by thewalker View Post
    I will be flying in to Atlanta on May 7th. I do have a room booked at Amicalola. What I would really like is an offer of a ride from Atlanta to either Dawsonville, Dahlonega, or Ellijay to spend the night, then a ride to the park the next morning. Or should I just go with my original plan of shuttle to the park and spend the night? What it is is that the rooms are so expensive at the park, but I would really rather lay in a bed before beginning because there is going to be plenty of nights in a tent. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    There is a very nice AT shelter near the parking lot at the Amicola Falls Park, which is free.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Thanks Runner. It would certainly help me save $136.
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner2017 View Post
    There is a very nice AT shelter near the parking lot at the Amicola Falls Park, which is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner2017 View Post

dern I didn't think of that as an option good call

Quote Originally Posted by thewalker View Post
    Thanks Runner. It would certainly help me save $136.
    Don't do the stairs when you start the hike. Instead use the trail from the back the park's visitor center, where there is a stone arch and a big plate on its side marked the Appalachian Trail's total mileage from GA to ME. The trail is well maintained. It's about 1 mile thru woods and it leads to the top of the fall. It can save your knees.

++ New Posts ++