WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Klymit 60L Airframe Backpack

I notice Costco is selling the backpack for $100 right now. The claimed volume is 60L and weight of 2 lb 7 oz.

Currently I have Osprey Exos 58 (2016 version), which I don't particularly like, because it gives me discomfort on my shoulders even with just 20 lb. I am thinking about replacing it with Gossamer Gear Mariposa, but I don't think I can tolerate lack of airflow in the back due to its design.

If you have used Klymit 60L Airframe, I'll appreciate if you can share your experience and what downsides it has for you. Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

the seams are not the best and start to pull apart although the pack has seen very little use so far. i dont like that the topflap does not come off, the volume of the top is not big enough for me. the outer pocket on the front is almost useless if the main compartment is stuffed tight. way too many straps, way too long. the pockets on the hipbelt are nice to have.

i do like how it carries with the pad as a framestiffener. i find the hipbelt and shoulder straps too soft, even with light loads and would wish for little stiffer ones.
    happy trails
    lucky luke

I have one and always worry about the durability of the air pad. Otherwise it's light and comfortable for me. I really like the hip belt with four attachment points at the sides. It seems to distribute the weight more comfortably than my other packs.

The hip belt pockets are great.

The material does feel very thin and light. I've never felt something like a z-packs so I have no comparison. I've used it on a couple 1-2 nighters. So I can't comment on long-term durability.

The price can't be beat. At that price point (for me anyway), if it works for a handful of trips (which it has), I'll be happy.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++