WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle from Standing Bear Farm (Davenport area) to Amicalola Falls

Need ride from Standing Bear Farm, neat Davenport Gap at I:40 down to starting point at Amicalola.
    Early to Mid Morning on Wednesday, May 16.

From Austin Texas.
    Doing first Section of AT.

I'm a CPA. Link to my firm. Call me if you want to discuss.
    http://sparkmanengel.com/

Need to get this booked/confirmed as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Images

ouch.....

thats going to be expensive.....

might be easier to rent a car.......

but, could try ron brown, a walk in the woods or hike inn...

(off the top of my head----this might be a 300-400 dollar ride)

Images

Default shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    Need ride from Standing Bear Farm, neat Davenport Gap at I:40 down to starting point at Amicalola.
    Early to Mid Morning on Wednesday, May 16.

From Austin Texas.
    Doing first Section of AT.

I'm a CPA. Link to my firm. Call me if you want to discuss.
    http://sparkmanengel.com/

Need to get this booked/confirmed as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Todd
    give me a call ... the further shuttle appalachian . donald " grateful " ballard . i may b able to assist you . 7723210905 . thank you and have a wonderful day . check my web page and call around for credentials . the further shuttle appalachian at facebook . peace my friend and thank you

Images

if i cannot help you with a ride i talk to all the well known shuttle drivers and can give you numbers . i will do what i can to help you .

I had made arrangements for a shuttle from Davenport Gap to Springer last year from Steve Claxton at Smoky Mt Adventures. I was planning a BMT thru hike. He couldn't make it but put me in contact with Fred Laney. Then hurricane Irma hit GA the day before I was scheduled to leave. I ended up leaving a week later and started in Reliance, TN. Fred was able to make the shuttle.
    More walking, less talking.

Ron Brown ? took me a few years ago...

Why not standing bear farm? They do shuttles, I don't know about all the way to springer but they might. And you could park your car there possibly as well.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Why not standing bear farm? They do shuttles, I don't know about all the way to springer but they might. And you could park your car there possibly as well.
    The Standing Bear Farm used to charge $5 a day for parking. Last fall I called them and was told the rate is $10 a day now. You can also park at the parking lot at the Big Creek Ranger Station for free. Don't park at the other parking due to too much vandalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner2017 View Post
    The Standing Bear Farm used to charge $5 a day for parking. Last fall I called them and was told the rate is $10 a day now. You can also park at the parking lot at the Big Creek Ranger Station for free. Don't park at the other parking due to too much vandalism.
    Thanks for the update, definitely too pricey, even for a weekend parking. I would def vote for Big Creek for parking

Images

Just wondering, what is the purpose of having to shuttle from I-40 to Amicalola - is Standing Bear where you're ending your section? Leaving your car there, so that you're basically hiking back to your car? I don't know that I wouldn't leave your car closer to the middle, like in Franklin, NC (Ron) or NOC. I suppose that means two shorter shuttles as opposed to one long one, and not sure where that comes out cost-wise, but might offer you some more flexibility?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Quote Originally Posted by scope View Post
    Just wondering, what is the purpose of having to shuttle from I-40 to Amicalola - is Standing Bear where you're ending your section? Leaving your car there, so that you're basically hiking back to your car? I don't know that I wouldn't leave your car closer to the middle, like in Franklin, NC (Ron) or NOC. I suppose that means two shorter shuttles as opposed to one long one, and not sure where that comes out cost-wise, but might offer you some more flexibility?
    I have always been a fan of leaving car at beginning of hike and getting shuttled at end of trip. Now I have not done this on all 54 AT trips but at least half of them and it has worked flawlessly.

I parked my car at Big Creek for 10 days last fall when I did my BMT hike. My shuttle picked me up there and shuttled me to Reliance, TN and hiked back to my car. Originally I was going to start at Springer but plans were changed because of Irma. I don't know of any advantage in parking midway and using two shuttles. Seems like more headaches and logistical concerns. Nancy Hoch at the Hike Inn near Fontana does shuttles but she won't go to Springer. She will go to Amicola.
    More walking, less talking.

Thanks for the update, definitely too pricey, even for a weekend parking. I would def vote for Big Creek for parking
    It really depends on how much time you have. From where you park, you can also shuttle to nearby cities, such as Ashville and etc, that have bus service to Atlanta. Then from Atlanta to the Fall is far cheaper.

Images

I have always been a fan of leaving car at beginning of hike and getting shuttled at end of trip. Now I have not done this on all 54 AT trips but at least half of them and it has worked flawlessly.
    that is the way i suggest to do it when i talk to my customers . parking your car and walking to your destination is the best way to do it . most people never make it to where they want to go and they end up shuttling to their car anyway .

++ New Posts ++