WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Base Weight

-

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    My total weight for my weeklong trip this july will be right at 15 lbs including 2 liters of water, 16 oz of Jack Daniels and food for 4 days
    just in case any one was wondering - gambit always hikes barefoot, naked and no stick - so pack weight and skin out are the same (the JD keeps him warm)

For what it's worth, that list doesn't include 1.5 pounds of water.

@george Very light weight! What do you do about all the small items that add up: eating utensil, rope to hang food bag, headlamp, first aid kit, sunscreen, soap pads, trash bag pack liner, sunglasses, cell phone, bic lighter, ......?

ETA: I will probably regret asking but what about underwear and a change of socks?
    Last edited by DownYonder; 07-13-2018 at 21:01.

Right on man

-

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    @george Very light weight! What do you do about all the small items that add up: eating utensil, rope to hang food bag, headlamp, first aid kit, sunscreen, soap pads, trash bag pack liner, sunglasses, cell phone, bic lighter, ......?

ETA: I will probably regret asking but what about underwear and a change of socks?
    no change, rinse the socks at night - shorts (with mesh insert) and wind shirt when there is a chance to bathe

spoon, utility knife blade and mini bic are included with the 3oz kitchen - foster can pot/ cup is boil only so no wash

no phone, or light(other than lighter) - bivy lines the pack for rain, and the gatewood cape covers the pack

in the 11oz is everything else you ask about:

partial roll toilet paper

a few advil

partial roll athletic tape

partial bottle deet

sun glasses

a few storm proof matches

about 1/2 motel size soap - will do 1 body and clothes wash between towns

partial aqua mira

partial zinc oxide based sunscreen - also used for monkey butt

@30ft of spectra line to hang bag - seldom used, reality is the choice of pillow is stinky shoes or the food

enough for 4 days - if you have to buy full containers for resupply, these weights will of course run over, you can dump part or with the common 3 day resupply the extra odds and ends (with only 3 days food/ fuel) could still result in 15lb pack wt leaving town

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++