WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.
    Join Date
    12-13-2004
    Location
    Central Vermont
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Utz pretzels:
    Looking at the Sam’s Club inventory. Do you use the straight sided container with the largest opening?
    Wayne
    It's been a few years since I actually bought one. The 28 ounce sourdough specials looks like what I use - it has a screw top. Might not be the biggest opening, but easy enough to fit a hand, or a typical mountain house meal pouch.

  2. #22
    Registered User Toga's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-28-2013
    Location
    Gahanna, Ohio
    Age
    48
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I use a Folgers coffee tub.

  3. #23
    Registered User Venchka's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-20-2013
    Location
    Roaring Gap, NC
    Age
    78
    Posts
    8,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    It's been a few years since I actually bought one. The 28 ounce sourdough specials looks like what I use - it has a screw top. Might not be the biggest opening, but easy enough to fit a hand, or a typical mountain house meal pouch.
    Thank you!
    Wayne

  4. #24
    NOBO Mar '21 BowGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-26-2018
    Location
    Ontario, 🇨🇦
    Age
    59
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I donít mind my pop tarts being all crumbled, kind of like eating granola.
    We donít stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.
    - Finis Mitchell


    https://lighterpack.com/r/6yyu2j

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2006
    Location
    northern illinois
    Posts
    4,565
    Images
    2

    Default

    I crumble mine up in a bowl, pour on milk and enjoy. What's not to like about broken PopTarts? PopTarts with out frosting

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-01-2014
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    . . .PopTarts with out frosting
    Now, that's disgusting!

    That's like drinking decaffeinated coffee. Heck, heroine addicts may as well just start injecting saline solution as an excuse to poke needles in their arms.

    What's the point?

    What's the world coming to?
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    . . . PopTarts with out frosting
    A few years ago, my wife joined me on the AT for a week. A young hiker was looking over the food he had just received in his mail drop and immediately gave away the pop tarts sans frosting. My wife said, "You shouldn't do that, it was from your mother". He replied, "It is proof that my mother doesn't love me. Who would mail their child pop tarts without frosting?".

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-26-2015
    Location
    Northern Va
    Age
    40
    Posts
    285

    Default

    A friend of my mine used to spread peanut butter on them to hold them together.

    I thought it was brilliant but never cared enough to make myself do it, and would just pull the broken pieces apart and eat them price by price. Then maybe have a few spoonfuls of PB

  9. #29
    Registered User SoaknWet's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-14-2017
    Location
    Washington,Pa
    Age
    75
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I HATE pop tarts!,,!! I use truck for a few years, one delivery was pop tarts. Backing into the dock the sun got in my mirror and caused me to hit the dock a little hard. Really upset the dock boss so he told me the load was a driver unload, than I made the mistake of correcting him! After a call to my dispatcher he informed me it was definitely a drive unload and to really make it worse a finger print unload, which means I had to touch EVERY box in that damn trailer! All 44,000# of pop tarts. To this day I still HATE them and knew just how many different favors they come in! So to end my post smash them crumble them whatever it takes to destroy them!

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2006
    Location
    northern illinois
    Posts
    4,565
    Images
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I HATE pop tarts!,,!! I use truck for a few years, one delivery was pop tarts. Backing into the dock the sun got in my mirror and caused me to hit the dock a little hard. Really upset the dock boss so he told me the load was a driver unload, than I made the mistake of correcting him! After a call to my dispatcher he informed me it was definitely a drive unload and to really make it worse a finger print unload, which means I had to touch EVERY box in that damn trailer! All 44,000# of pop tarts. To this day I still HATE them and knew just how many different favors they come in! So to end my post smash them crumble them whatever it takes to destroy them!
    So you're the guy that busted up all those poptarts and made the entire AT disgruntled

  11. #31

    Default

    I like the "in a bowl with milk - like cereal" idea but then I thought, I don't carry a bowl or milk.

    But then I realized...

    I have a toaks mug. And powdered milk would be easy to carry!

    Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Registered User Kaptainkriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-28-2015
    Location
    Leonardtown, Maryland
    Age
    55
    Posts
    653
    Journal Entries
    57
    Images
    19

    Default

    Send them (all the unfrosted poPTarts) all my way - they are the only ones I'm not allergic to (I used to preferred frosted).
    Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    Now, that's disgusting!

    That's like drinking decaffeinated coffee. Heck, heroine addicts may as well just start injecting saline solution as an excuse to poke needles in their arms.

    What's the point?

    What's the world coming to?
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... Itís ok, bologna hoses offÖ
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •