WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 10-day section hike suggestion, accesible by greyhound??

Hello friends,
    I would like to do a trip May 15-26. I am from Ontario, so my goal is to go south enough to avoid black flies. I do not drive, and am very broke so I need to do a stretch with a start and endpoint near greyhound stations. I'm a woman, not wild about hitching, but will need to do some...
    I've found 15 mile days manageable on the AT, so I'm looking for something around 150 miles. I haven't purchased any maps yet because I'm not sure about where to go, but it seemed from my attempt at using online resources that the stretch between Wytheville and Roanoke, VA looked possible?, but I had a hard time determining the exact length of the trail between those points. Any thoughts are very appreciated. 150ish miles with nearish greyhound stations, no black flies. Thank you everyone for helping me out with suggestions.

I am not a fan of Greyhound customer service, to put it very mildly. You might prefer Amtrak and connecting commuter trains. They accesses the AT at several points. Maybe Harpers Ferry WV south to Waynesboro VA would suit you.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

++ New Posts ++