WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default where's my hiker legs?

I think I've got it, thanks to some of your comments. I think I'll get the hiker legs once I've been out there for about 3 weeks. Just about the time I'll probably be wrapping it up!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jefals View Post
    I was thinking maybe 35 on the TRT hike, more on PCT. But that's just a guess so far.
    I did start slow and work up to where I'm at now. May be on a plateau.
    There's a bit of a contradiction in thinking of this training as either (a) working out, vs (b) preparing for backpacking. Cause when you're backpacking, say on the AT, you're more or less doing about 5 days on and 1 day off, right?
    I can tell you from experience that you will be hauling big weight on the PCT. I have done it twice and it's not for the faint of heart. That said, you will really need to cull your equipment and get it down as far as you feel safe with what you are taking. The AT has the most resupply of the three long trails, so you won't be hauling as much food and water as on the PCT.
    Blackheart

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBill View Post
    I can tell you from experience that you will be hauling big weight on the PCT. I have done it twice and it's not for the faint of heart. That said, you will really need to cull your equipment and get it down as far as you feel safe with what you are taking. The AT has the most resupply of the three long trails, so you won't be hauling as much food and water as on the PCT.
    Yep. I been there and goin back. On the other hand, some of these ladies I see out there - I know they aren't carrying that kind of weight and they seem to make it just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBill View Post
    Yep. I been there and goin back. On the other hand, some of these ladies I see out there - I know they aren't carrying that kind of weight and they seem to make it just fine...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++