WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Lakeshore House ...liqueur in the back, washer in front, sleep on top. nice place
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

I stayed there in '08 before hiking the Wilderness. The owner had her son sleep in her room and gave me his for the night - poor kid! At least I was just sectioning the Wilderness and arrived all city-squeaky-clean so I left his room smelling reasonably fresh .
    Nice place. Homey bar out back with a small dining room overlooking the lake (only a couple of tables have views). You can borrow a kayak (or could, at least) and paddle around the lake, and they had very good food. I went over to Shaw's for breakfast, and the ladies there shuttled me to the trail along with some other hikers. I had stayed at Shaw's back when Keith was alive - he's one legend I actually had the pleasure to meet (I also met Gene Espy at Trail Days in '08).
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

:banana 3 nights

just stayed here 3 nights payed for 2 total 54 $ and did work for stay for 1 3 hours not bad, great lil bar free kayaks, very friendly as soon as you get in dour rebbekah(who is now sole owner from divorce) asks every hiker what they need now. had a coke right as i took off pack its popularity is growing alot because you can buy beer at store put in hiker fridge and drink in room as you watch some playoff basketball shaws i believe doesnt allow alchohol

Actually Shaw's does allow alcohol (for those of legal age), they have a full size fridge for hikers to use. . . they just don't do 'drunk' there - as it were - , they have a washer and dryer right there in the hiker lounge, great breakfasts, and will be internet ready in the next couple weeks. . . and the folks there are awesome. . .

Images

In July or August I go to Shaws for breakfast,then I go maintain my section along Buck Hill and get back to Lakeshore house for lunch, then over to Tim's General Store on Friday evenings for an acoustic jam session or Sunday afternoon for the same thing at Lakeshore House.
    Monson is a nice little town.

Work for stay for 13 hours? And I thought old Keith worked me hard.

Nice the hear the friday night jams are still on.

Hey, this is Rebekah, owner of the Lakeshore House in Monson. I just want to thank everyone for such a great hiker season; what a blast this summer was....Hikers are the best specimen of human kind that I have ever met, thanks for all that you are and all that you bring to the table!! Please come back and visit!!

Not 13, 3 hours, silly
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFoot2002 View Post
    Work for stay for 13 hours? And I thought old Keith worked me hard.

Nice the hear the friday night jams are still on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++