WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default JMT Gear & Food/Resupply Review

I hiked the JMT southbound in 2016, and wrote the following posts reviewing my gear and food choices:

I hope these posts are helpful to this year's JMT hikers!

Images

Thanks so much for sharing these details! I've got a permit for late this summer, so am tweaking my gear and food list currently.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

You're welcome! If you have any specific questions about the trail, feel free to ask!

Journal Entries
    Images

Nice thread. After Hiking the JMT in 2013, 2014 & again on my PCT sobo in 2016 and depending on how long you want the experience to last, I would suggest starting light in HI & dropping a package off at TM & then at Reds take the shuttle into Mammoth Lakes, enjoy the town, brewery & the trolley system that allows you to see all of this beautiful town & what it has to offer. Then resupply at Vons and get back on the shuttle & then head to VVR for a great meal & small resupply ( late August the hiker box is overflowing). Then if you want a wonderful adventure experience, you can hike over Kearsage , grab a hitch out of the parking lot to Bishop, stay at the hostel, visit their brewery, resupply & catch another hitch out or a Trail angel may be able to give you a ride. (You can always stop into MTR if you wish for a few items out of their bucket overflow or just pass by or stop at Blaney hot springs near MTR.) After finishing Whitney, I highly suggest a room at the historic Dow Villa in Lone Pine, they have a great pool & hot tub with a view of Whitney. ~Enjoy~
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

++ New Posts ++