WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Pearisburg to Daleville

I'm doing this section next month and looking for some place to "base" from.

Does anyone have a suggestion or a list of hostels and motels in this section?

People of interest In this section:
    Don Raines - Pearisburg area shuttle driver
    Homer Witcher - Daleville area shuttle driver
    Gary Serra - Daleville Shuttle driver
    The Captains Place - The Captain lets folks tent in his yard and is not available for driving up to, walk ins only.
    The church at US42 Sinking Creek allows hikers to park there if they call and ask permission
    4 pines hostel just north of dragons tooth
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I can tell you where not to stay. Avoid the Holiday Lodge in Pearisburg like the plague. I stayed there last year and it is bad news. Other hikers have said the same in their reviews. In Daleville, there is a really nice Howard Johnson Express with reasonable "hiker" rates. If you're looking for a place in that town, HoJo Express is it. The 4 Pines Hostel, which is just before Daleville is a good place. Other than that, there really aren't too many places to stay that aren't close to your start point and end point. When I went through there last year, I camped at various spots in between Pearisburg and Daleville.

Homer Witcher shuttled me from the Roanoke airport down to Marion where I continued my NOBO hike of the AT. He's reliable and fair rates.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    I can tell you where not to stay. Avoid the Holiday Lodge in Pearisburg like the plague. I stayed there last year and it is bad news. Other hikers have said the same in their reviews. In Daleville, there is a really nice Howard Johnson Express with reasonable "hiker" rates. If you're looking for a place in that town, HoJo Express is it. The 4 Pines Hostel, which is just before Daleville is a good place. Other than that, there really aren't too many places to stay that aren't close to your start point and end point. When I went through there last year, I camped at various spots in between Pearisburg and Daleville.

Homer Witcher shuttled me from the Roanoke airport down to Marion where I continued my NOBO hike of the AT. He's reliable and fair rates.
    I always stay at the super 8 across the street, it was only a couple bucks more and very clean
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

++ New Posts ++