WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking & Shuttle Options Near Wallingford/Killington, VT

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my wife and I are planning to hike a section of the AT from VT 103 to somewhere north of Killington. We'll have a rental car, and we're trying to coordinate our plans, so we can leave the car at a trail head parking area at one end of the section, then shuttle/hitch to the other end, and hike back to our car.

We've hiked to VT 103 before. I remember parking at a decent trailhead lot at that location. Does that lot still exist?

If we head north from there, my maps tell me there's another parking lot somewhere off of Stony Brook Road. I don't like to blindly trust my maps. Can someone provide some local intel? Is there a legit parking area at that location?

Assuming one (or both) of those lots exist, we'll need to find a shuttle/taxi/hitch from wherever we leave our car, back to the other end. Judging from my maps, Stony Brook Road doesn't look very busy, so I'm thinking it would be an unreliable hitch. So... can anyone recommend a good shuttle service?

Thanks in advance!

I've had a few conversations with locals, since I posted this question earlier this week. I'm told that Stony Brook Road is rather remote, which is kind of what I expected. That said, I was able to find a shuttle service that will drop us off there, so we can hike back toward VT 103.

++ New Posts ++