WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

With my resistance to ignoring the Levitys fit for me waning, I decided to check Backcountry Edges return policies and that was the final blow- they have the same 1 year, we dont care why or what condition policy as REI, plus return shipping is $4.99 using them or your cost if you can do better. So with a whole $5 on the line, I'm going to give it a shot.

Also will be taking Cmoulders advice and weather permitting do an day and overnight hike test next weekend, we'll see how much vertical I can get in.

This morning I played around with my Exos working on the fit and while still short of matching the comfort of the Levity, I did find I've been setting up too low which has about the same effect as having a pack that is too small. So I now have even more hope the Levity will be very comfortable, by getting the shoulder straps to wrap further around/down my front side with the bonus of moving the fixed sternum strap down too- pretty much my biggest complaint with the small sized pack I tested.

Got my medium Levity and gave it a test drive today. Pretty different experience from the small, as it appears the jump between sizes is pretty large. So the shoulder strap padding was much further forward on my shoulder where it gives great coverage to both the shoulder and collar bone. Unlike the small I was easily able to get a 45* angle on the load lifter straps. With the long padding area, the sternum strap is much lower and I dont even need the lowest setting.

I decided to try my bag in a stuff sack instead of compression sack since I should have 3L more room and with that it seemed I had no more room than the small Levity.

45 minutes of walking with it loaded at 26lbs was great, the hip area feels just like having a pillow strapped on and even with a top heavy load(food) there was almost nothing on the shoulder straps. Little tendency for it to slide down.

For my body shape it is definitely more comfortable than the Exos on my hips and despite less padding length, just as comfy at the shoulders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++