WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a website for trail maps.

I'm specifically looking for a website, where you would have trails, walking and biking paths routes on a map, where the data for the routes are already there. No need to upload data.

The idea is to see where trails overlap and interconnect, allowing you walk from one trail to another. And plan out a route using all types of walking, biking, hiking paths.

Thank you.

I'm no expert but after years of looking at what is available it seems there are several sources which each have a piece of the puzzle but with no one source uniting the info. Its appears that people pick different sites for different reasons and post there without concern for making any one place a complete source for an area or type of trail. I ran across a person at a local park who was actively mapping and documenting the trail system but like many such efforts it ended up being merely one of many. On my phone, which is not where I keep my main, info caches, I have Avenza Maps, Guthooks, All Trails, MTB Project, Apalachian Trail guidebook and Singletracks Lite

All Trails is a decent app for trails in your local area.

Thanks for the response. I will check out those ones you mention. The name All Trails sounds hopeful. If google made Google Trails, I'm picturing being able to include or exclude paths based on type, length, terrain, whatever else and being able to change which are included in the overlay over your map.

++ New Posts ++