WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Glow in the Dark Tent Guy Lines

Any recommendations for glow in the dark guy lines that will work with a Tarptent? Google searches have only produced lines that are too thick.

Thanks

Do you mean reflective? Most of the vendors carry reflective line. Dutchware shows two different ones. I have some and it is just a bit thicker than 1.75 Zing-it.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Images

There's phosphorescent and there's fluorescent. Generally speaking, the first absorbs light and then glows for a while and the latter instantly reflects light shined on it and instantly quits when light is no longer shined on it. Both, or either, might be called "glow," though usually the first is called glowing and the latter is called reflective.

Lines are manufactured with either characteristic. I haven't searched thoroughly, but you might start with these links?--

Dutchware reflective lines.

Atwood Rope's 1.18mm-x-125ft-micro-cord-uber-glow

Lawson Outdoor glowire

Sea-to-Summit markets some nice small diameter reflective lines. And, of course, there's Nite-Ize reflective line and the old standby, Kelty Triptease.

Hope this is a helpful start!

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-27-2018 at 10:51.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Also this from MSR. Much lighter and smaller than their standard reflective guyline.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Tie on a tiny piece of glow in the dark or reflective ribbon or bread bag tinsel like ties. There's reflective and glow in the dark decals found for bicycles at WallyWorld, aerosol paints in tiny amounts, and nail polish for about $1 at Hobby Lobby and bicycle stores/depts. Nite Eaze has florescent colored jumbo twist ties at HD.

TarpTents ship with reflective guy lines. Or at least mine did. Check their web pages for replacement line.
    Wayne

++ New Posts ++