WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default BRS-3000T Titanium Stove

Does anyone have a current view on this very lightweight stove. Does it work well? Is it made well? Any issues?

Thanks

Default BRS-3000T Titanium Stove

I think it works great I had mine for about a year-and-a-half two years never had a problem with it I actually bought an extra one so that if their arms on it to break that's not a problem

Mine works well. I have found that mine is not compatible with the Coleman brand fuel canister typically found at Walmart. The pin is not quite long enough to release the fuel on these canisters. It works just fine with the other brands of fuel though.

agree with the 2 post above works fine, except for the walmart canisters...

I love my little BRS 3000T. Super cheap. Super light. Super simple. Functional.
    I have had it struggle a little, on two occasions, with a new canister, where the flame seemed to blow itself off the top of the burner as I lowered my pot onto it regardless of how low I turned the flame. Very weird. Only happened twice. Both time in cold weather. Had to hold the pot above the stove and flame for a minute until the pot warmed up or something, before the flame stabilized. I've also used the stove down to -10 degrees F without issue with my little Moulder heat transfer strip. I'd encourage using it as a great stove for the money for a ultra-light one to two person backpacking stove.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Its minimalist UL to SUL in canister stove design. Don't over wt the legs with cookware, food, and water wt. I don't heat anything longer than about 4-5 mins. Too much heat, the way the legs are designed they get heated up, can bend leading to fatigue and eventually fracture. It's an issue voiced by several who had longer burn times and put heavier wts on the stove. I've had no problem since I'm usually never boiling more than 1 cp of H2O in a Snow Peak Mini Solo TI pot(5.5 oz). It's only used in UL/SUL solo capacity. Definitely use some sort of wind screen with this specific model because it most significantly leads to fuel inefficiency. The spread and configuration of the pot legs requires IMO pairing with appropriate cookware for stability of the pot.

I have one...it's okay. It works but could be awesome if it we're a little more sturdy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Take a risk. Its $12

Images

I agree....take a risk, life is short :-)

That's why I bought 2. It's still a great deal!

It doesn't take the wind well. That said, I made a titanium foil windscreen for mine that works great.

I have two. One works great. The other sputters a little until it warms up. Both required minor tweaking of the legs to get the pot to sit level. It was very easy to do.

They're a good value. I'd recommend trying one out, especially if you can get it under $15.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    agree with the 2 post above works fine, except for the walmart canisters...
    My snow peak giga also has trouble with the Walmart canisters...if it's cold out. I had to remove the rubber gasket on the bottom of the stove to make it work.
    So I think it's more a problem with the canisters from Walmart.

Well, since the thread popped up again, one more little tip on making the BRS3000T a super functional stove system (at least in my opinion) is to take a few minutes and make one of these.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by SWODaddy View Post
    It doesn't take the wind well.
    This is my experience too. And I didn't find the boiling times to be better than my alcohol stove ... perhaps in part b/c I tried to hold back a bit from full blast, after reading about warping issues on adventures in stoving website. I should try it again on full blast, but I could start to see the author's point (glowing red hot supports).

Other than that it seems more suitable for a narrow pot (like the Stanley) than many.

Images

Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    Well, since the thread popped up again, one more little tip on making the BRS3000T a super functional stove system (at least in my opinion) is to take a few minutes and make one of these.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Definitely use some sort of wind screen with this specific model because it most significantly leads to fuel inefficiency.
    . For real? I thought windscreens on canister stoves caused too much heat on the canister. I'd be wary of that.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    . For real? I thought windscreens on canister stoves caused too much heat on the canister. I'd be wary of that.
    The idea is to shield the flame while not enclosing/heating the canister. See the link in the post above by @nsherry61. It appears his windscreen does just that.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

I see. Thanks!

Registered Offender

They're even cheaper ($9, shipped) right now, so you've got little to lose: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++