Default 2020 Thru-Hike Georgia to Maine

I will be attempting a thru-hike in March 2020 starting in Georgia. Does anyone else have plans at this time? It might be too early to ask. I will be finishing college and relocating but wanted to use the window of time before I move to do the trail since it is the only feasible time I will have to complete it.

That's my hopefully year too. I hope to leave the some time on or after 20th stay in DC for 2 to 3 days and then head to Harper's ferry to start my flip flop attempt. My son turns 18 that year

Never too early to ask. My wife and will be heading SOBO at the end of July 2020; if I can wait that long. Maybe we will see you up north.

Most essential part to the plan is your gear list and physical/mental prowess. If your base weight is over ten lbs. w/out food and water look a little deeper. The lighter the pack the more likely the chance you will succeed and enjoy the journey.
    Also consider UL synthetic options for a jacket and quilt/sleeping bag. I have a 28* quilt that is less than an ounce heavier than my equal temp rated down quilt.
    Practice with your gear to boot! Don't let the added stress of inexperience along with exhaustion and hunger ruin your trip either.
    Don't rule out hammocks. Hammock setups can be very comfortable and of dual purpose. You can use a hammock as a ground shelter. Dual purpose much of your gear to save in weight.

Good luck.
    "I choose to carry very little, but that little is chosen with care." Earl V. Shaffer

I'm planning on heading out in late Feb-early Mar 2020. This will be my semi-retirement gift to myself!

I retire in December and hoping to start NOBO 1st week of March.

++ New Posts ++