WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks so much for all the information to everyone who posted. Based on everyone's help here is my current plan:

I plan is to just hike straight thru without staying at Whitehouse Landing. I am staying with the AT Lodge pre hike and they are going to do my resupply midway.

I think I will just keep my trail runners on the whole time and have extra dry socks.

As always my plan is subject to change. Thanks again,
    Rick

Looks like you have a plan, I broke it up in half and pack weight was never an issue for either section. Hope for great weather and go for it.

Resupplying at Jo-Mary is reliable. Abol Bridge is a great place to camp the night prior to entering Baxter and summiting. Shoes for fording; not necessary. You got the idea. Were your hikers right in the water, change your socks when you get out of the water and drive on!

WHL is a great place to chill for a day if you have the time! I found the folks there decent when I went through in 2012 SOBO. As for friendly; depends on your definition of friendly. I am rather an a-hole myself but will help anyone out and I can say the same for Bill and Linda. They have issues with entitled folk not having any sense at all. Have some manners, slow your roll, pick up after yourself/LNT, and for goodness sake don't complain about pricing at off-grid hostels/lodging facilities. Lastly, think before you speak!
    "I choose to carry very little, but that little is chosen with care." Earl V. Shaffer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++