Hello... first post on this forum. Found it while searching for CT information. Starting the trail tomorrow, doing it in sections with my wife & daughter. Hope to complete it in the next few years doing a few segments every summer. Got a couple general questions...

We're starting at Waterton canyon tomorrow (July 2nd). I meant to call and make sure the area is open. I've seen a couple people say they've showed up and the area was closed for one reason or another? I looked a couple weeks ago and it appeared open. Time got away and I haven't been able to call. Just want to make sure there's no surprise when we show up tomorrow morning!

Also planning to park a vehicle at the end of segment two. Any issues with that? Once again, don't want to show up to park a vehicle and see signs that say "no over night parking" or something. Is there a parking lot at this trailhead to park?

Any additional information on these two segments is welcome. Planning to complete segment one in a day, stay the night and complete segment two the next day. We have the option of staying another night if needed. Appreciate any replies... thanks!