WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    The only problem with this system is when Flickr or whatever web hosting business goes out of business all these posted linked pics will disappear with the words "NO PHOTO AVAILABLE" on a gray background.

I wish Whiteblaze would allow full sized pics from our own computer files.
    I'll probably be dead before that happens. Flikr is owned by Yahoo and is no more likely to disappear than WhiteBlaze.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    I'll probably be dead before that happens. Flikr is owned by Yahoo and is no more likely to disappear than WhiteBlaze.
    Picasa shut down as did Webshots. It could happen to any business---even the Google photo cloud could go out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Picasa shut down as did Webshots. It could happen to any business---even the Google photo cloud could go out of business.
    Of course, always possible...but by then this thread will probably be obsolete and forgotten about anyway.

I don't have my photos on a photo sharing site so I can't post a link. Instead I've been using a photo editor to resize the images so they are not too large and upload to WB from my computer and then insert the thumbnail. They are not full size, but then they also don't use as much band width or memory when you load this page. When viewing on a small screen, full sized images are not really necessary, plus by uploading, there is no link to go bad. If you you want full sized version of my pics, just send me a PM and I can make them available.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I don't have my photos on a photo sharing site so I can't post a link. Instead I've been using a photo editor to resize the images so they are not too large and upload to WB from my computer and then insert the thumbnail. They are not full size, but then they also don't use as much band width or memory when you load this page. When viewing on a small screen, full sized images are not really necessary, plus by uploading, there is no link to go bad. If you you want full sized version of my pics, just send me a PM and I can make them available.
    The only reason I really use Flikr is because my WordPress account limits my photo storage so when I write a blog post for any of my hiking or roadtripping trips I don't end up using my WP space as it is extremely limited (I had already used over 60% of available space with only a handful of blog posts).

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    See my post #37 above. Double click on pic, select "full size."
    Thanks...
    While I think thumbnails are usually appropriate, for a post such as this, the full size seems much better.

A proper quick, brave, steady, ready gentleman! ocourse's Avatar

I'm the OP - still here, and still enjoying the pictures. After 20 years using a cheap monitor, I purchased 2 very nice curved monitors. So I enjoy pictures in a new and better way. Please keep them coming.
    I've learned....
    That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

3894C1FB-CE4D-4CE8-A150-1575AA192317.jpgHere’s one from Norway. Currently I’m limited to what’s on this phone.

Like most I have documented most every trip I have taken on the AT, and other trips. I got a good one for ya. What is cool about this photo is that both people in the picture helped take the photo, there was no tripod, a hand (or two) held the camera (iphone...hint hint..) the whole time. There was not a 3rd person present

3 Ridges Vista

Here's another instance of camera trickery up in CT
    Last edited by Gambit McCrae; 07-27-2018 at 10:46.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Like most I have documented most every trip I have taken on the AT, and other trips. I got a good one for ya. What is cool about this photo is that both people in the picture helped take the photo, there was no tripod, a hand (or two) held the camera (iphone...hint hint..) the whole time. There was not a 3rd person present

3 Ridges Vista

Here's another instance of camera trickery up in CT
    Did one take half the picture and the other take the other half (panoramic)?

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    Did one take half the picture and the other take the other half (panoramic)?
    Correct, In picture 1 ol no shirt took the first half of the pano, once I was out of frame, ran and took the camera and he got into place for his half of the photo.

In photo 2, same concept but same guy in 2 spots of pano. Makes for fun and a neat picture!
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Correct, In picture 1 ol no shirt took the first half of the pano, once I was out of frame, ran and took the camera and he got into place for his half of the photo.

In photo 2, same concept but same guy in 2 spots of pano. Makes for fun and a neat picture!
    That's what I thought, thanks for sharing!

This was taken somewhere in Pennsylvania in early morning. The sun rays was awe inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Journal Entries

Takes your breath away

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    This was taken somewhere in Pennsylvania in early morning. The sun rays was awe inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_0166.jpg

Somewhere in Virginia, near Front Royal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++