WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Old Loggers Path

Has anyone been up to the Old Loggers path recently? If so, how is the water situation, ticks, and trail conditions a in general?

https://endlessmountains.wordpress.com/2018/07/12/backpacking-the-old-loggers-path-july-2018/

I recently backpacked the 28 mile Old Loggers Path, a classic loop in PA. The trail featured great views, some waterfalls, large boulders, and two new shelters. One shelter is at Sprout Point, near the view, and the other is at Doe Run. The trail is often well-graded, not too rocky, and provides a perfect mix of moderate terrain. Rock Run, as always, was beautiful with its bedrocks chasms, cascades, and aquamarine pools.

I saw no ticks, or snakes. Most streams had at least a little water. I was able to cross Pleasant Stream on rocks. Trail is in good shape, a little brushy in places. There was nettle in places, but I was able to pass through without too much difficulty. The two new shelters are very nice. Great trail.

Nice looking hike.

Thanks for the information. I hiked this trail over 10 years ago and am looking forward to getting back up to hike it again.

https://endlessmountains.wordpress.c...november-2018/

I returned last month to hike with some friends. We hiked the northern part of the trail and took a short, off trail excursion to the Chasms of Rock Run, a beautiful gorge with cliffs, rapids, pools, and slides. We stayed at the new Doe Run Shelter, which was very nice. I also hiked down Doe Run to see its beautiful falls, which are largely unknown. We hiked to the vistas on Sullivan Mtn and then looped back via the Crandalltown Trail and hiked out the Ellenton Grade to the other car. Everyone enjoyed the hike.

++ New Posts ++