WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Miss Janets....the New Shaws?

Ok Ive Never Been To Miss Janets,but From What Ive Heard And Read Here ,i Think It Would Be Safe To Say That Now With The Shaws In Monson In Limbo That If You Took A Vote Here On Whiteblaze That The Her Place Is Now The One "you Gotta Stay There"place To Stay On The Trail.
    Thanks Miss Janet!!
    FREEWINDS.

Journal Entries
    Images

there will never be anyplace that will ever compare to shaws.....that was a unique place.........as as the pie lady's..........

Images

Quote Originally Posted by colbys
    Ok Ive Never Been To Miss Janets,but From What Ive Heard And Read Here ,i Think It Would Be Safe To Say That Now With The Shaws In Monson In Limbo That If You Took A Vote Here On Whiteblaze That The Her Place Is Now The One "you Gotta Stay There"place To Stay On The Trail.
    Thanks Miss Janet!!
    It didnt take Shaws to be in Limbo for that to be true .The TRUE Love of Hikers that radiates from Miss Janet has made her place a "Must stop and see place " since shes had the door open . As you will see when you hike thru her neck of the woods .Always on the go she simply amazed me my first stay in 03 .Morning til late late at night she is doing something for some hiker somewheres somehow and someway, all with her Heart and not her pocketbook .Its a "Gotta EXPERIENCE'" kind of place for sure!

Happy Birthday Miss J see ya in the spring
    Fishinfred
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Miss Janets is Miss Janets. The Shaws were the Shaws. The Cabin is the Cabin. Hikers Welcome hostel is the hikers welcome hostel. What makes them so great is how different they all our and how unique and interesting the people that run them are. nuff said

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake
    Miss Janets is Miss Janets. The Shaws were the Shaws. The Cabin is the Cabin. Hikers Welcome hostel is the hikers welcome hostel. What makes them so great is how different they all our and how unique and interesting the people that run them are. nuff said
    well said............

Default Haven's was great too

I hope to visit Miss Janets this year,I have heard she is great.I stopped in Franklin and I didn't expect a motel to treat hikers as good as they did.

Images

Default There is no "one place"

It is a sad era that Shaws will no longer be available under the Shaw family name. But as said above, there is no one pace along the trail that that is the only "one stop and see". Every hostel has there own attributes. They are who they are, simply because, they ARE WHO THEY ARE. My heart and respect goes out to all those along the trail that give greatly to hikers. It is sad to see some go, but every year new situations pop up. The Shaws era in Monson may be over, with patience, I am sure new opportunities for hikers will arrise there.
    Blister "Bitchen" Sister

Images

one things for sure,i bet know one will miss uncle johnny when he is gone neo

Quote Originally Posted by neo
    one things for sure,i bet know one will miss uncle johnny when he is gone neo
    Who is "Know One" and what year did he/she hike?
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Default Hostels

Stayed there in 02 and did not have a bad experience. It was quite hospitable actually with Uncle Johnny being very helpful. (The conflict was not visible to thru-hikers early in the season).

Hostels come and go with time, as both the hostel and its proprietor age with that passage of that time. Each has its own uniqueness in its time. Years from now it will be another group of hostels that will be the "place to stay" and those gone past will have been forgotten except by those who stayed there and have that memory.

Will I miss the hostel when its gone, Yes I will miss all the ones that I stayed at for the memories that they brought and miss those that I did not have the opportunity to stay at in their time.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blister
    It is a sad era that Shaws will no longer be available under the Shaw family name. But as said above, there is no one pace along the trail that that is the only "one stop and see". Every hostel has there own attributes. They are who they are, simply because, they ARE WHO THEY ARE. My heart and respect goes out to all those along the trail that give greatly to hikers. It is sad to see some go, but every year new situations pop up. The Shaws era in Monson may be over, with patience, I am sure new opportunities for hikers will arrise there.
    update me.......what happen to shaws????

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer

They are not opening in '06. The place is for sale.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12244

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    They are not opening in '06. The place is for sale.
    attroll you here that!!! there's your hostel.......go buy the place and name it whiteblaze headquarters............

Journal Entries
    Images

attroll you here that!!! there's your hostel.......go buy the place and name it whiteblaze headquarters............
    i'd bet all of us here might be willing to pitch in a dollar or two to get the place going...........

i'd bet all of us here might be willing to pitch in a dollar or two to get the place going...........
    try pitching in a couple hundred thousand dollars

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake
    try pitching in a couple hundred thousand dollars
    hell, $295,000 that's a steal! 2000 sq ft, 3 bed/ 2 bath homes here in Florida go for that amount.

Default New Owners!!!!!

Shaw's Lodging - Monson, Maine - New Owners

Shaw's Lodging has been sold and the new owners (207-997-3744 until 9pm Eastern Time if you want information) plan to open in early May with full hiker services as described in the 2006 ­Handbook, plus dinner will be available for $12; will stay open through October; more services will be added and announced soon.

It will never be the same. Ever.

here here l.wolf.you so right about that.
    FREEWINDS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++