Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Enjoy! That's a Beautiful 750 miles. (I've decided on hitting the CDT this March instead of the PCT again, no particular reason, just want to hike)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Enjoy! That's a Beautiful 750 miles. (I've decided on hitting the CDT this March instead of the PCT again, no particular reason, just want to hike)
    Enjoy your hike. Nice Pic, you got a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanatuk View Post
    OK third year, third leg, third trailname. I'm starting March 13th at the Mexican border and now hiking to Cottonwood pass at mile 750 and hiking out to Lone Pine.
    Spectacular part of the trail. I did this in 2015 but went up to Muir Trail Ranch/Florence lake before aborting what was supposed to be a thru hike (long story).

I started on April 13 -- you're a month ahead, so snow might be more of a factor for you than it was during my trip. I entered the Sierra at Kennedy Meadows in late May- I believe it was May 22, a low snow year, but we got a couple of late season storms that covered the trail on some of the passes.

I wish I could do that trip again.

Got off trail at Kennedy meadows due to incoming snow storm. I'll pick up those 40 miles next year. I've completed 1850 trail miles so far, 800 more to go next year. My journal is up to date if your interested in reading about it.

Well, my 2022 permit has been approved for the last section to complete the PCT. 800 miles from Castle Crags to Kennedy Meadows South starting in August. If the weather is good I'll take the side trip up Mt Whitney.

Nanatuk. Good luck to you this year on completing your journey. When do you plan to begin the 2022 hike?
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

Quote Originally Posted by GolfHiker View Post
    When do you plan to begin the 2022 hike?
    I have a permit for early August. Should finish at the end of September.

I'm off on the final section. Year 4 of my 3 year plan. I get on a train tomorrow and hit the trail Thursday morning. This section is 810 miles from I-5 near Dunsmuir hiking south to Kennedy Meadows south.

I'm off on the final section. Year 4 of my 3 year plan. I get on a train tomorrow and hit the trail Thursday morning. This section is 810 miles from I-5 near Dunsmuir hiking south to Kennedy Meadows south.
    Good luck and Godspeed......

And of course it's no fault of yours the big "C" , put us all back a year or so.......

Awesome ... you'll be finishing in the Sierra Nevada at the best time of year when few are on the trail but the weather is still (for the most part) great.

Hello! I just finished up with the 317 miles between Cascade Locks and Stevens Pass and thought I’d mention something that came up OVER and OVER and OVER concerning timing in Washington. PCT Days took place Aug 19 & 20 in Cascade Locks, and everyone from a bartender in CL, everyone in the trail towns nobo, hikers who kept in contact with other hikers ahead, and comments in Far Out were talking about the absolute enormous amount of people in CL for this and that everyone headed out within a day or two of each other and it was a MASSIVE bubble. The comments in Far Out were about how many people they could jam in cowboy camping at all the tiny camp spots.

Any upcoming plans for Washington might want to take PCT Days into consideration.

(FYI, I started on Aug 31 and the section was incredible and gorgeous, the trail towns, especially Trout Lake, were so kind, and the thru and section hikers I met were really great.)

This will be year 6 in my 3 year plan. To catch everyone up:

Year 1 - Mid July to just after Labor day, I hiked Dunsmuir in NorCal just past Snoqualmie Pass in WA, about 930 miles. Got off trail due to a badly twisted ankle.

Year 2 - Started at the Mexican Border in early March but got off trail after Warner Spring when everything shut down to the Wuhan flu. Went back out in August and started at the Canadian border, hiked south to Snoqualmie pass. Finished a total of about 350 miles.

Year 3 - Started again at the Mexican Border in early March and hiked to Kennedy Meadows my end of April - 700 miles of which 600 were new to me.

Year 4 - Started at Dunsmuir in August hiking south. Suffered heat stroke south of Burney Falls and got off the trail at Old Station for a few days off, got back on the trail at Belden but caught some sort of stomach flu. Got off again at Sierra City and took a week off hoping to recover. Skipped up to Route 50 near Tahoe but still couldn't keep food down while on the trail. I got off the trail at Sonora Pass and called it quits for the year. I got tested for the usual, Giardia, Noro, Crypto, etc. All tests came back negative. Don't know what it was but it resolved itself without treatment.

Year 5 - Record snow in the Sierra's so I didn't apply for a permit to hike. Did get out to hike for a week around Cloud peak in the Big Horns of Wyoming. Fortunately all ailments from last year are gone. Appetite was good and no issues with nausea. No issues with Altitude.

Year 6 - So I'm planning to apply for a permit for Kennedy Meadows north to Old Station this year, about 700 mile hike, departing in August and finishing near the end of September. Hoping to go Northbound, but I'd take a southbound permit if necessary. I'll start a journal once I get the permit.

Woo Hoo!!!! My permit is approved for the Sierra. I have an August 9th start from Kennedy Meadows at mile 704 to Old Station at mile 1380.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++