WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Zombie Dust and Gumball Head are 2 of the finer delicacies in life not available here in Tennessee. I have tried and tried to get some of these tasty brews over the years but their elusive tendencies have prevailed and my attempts at snagging a couple sixer's has been a short fall. Makes me very sad to the point I have no more tears to shed for the Zombie Dust and Gumball Head.

Attachment 43376
    Gumball head is easy if you want some.
    Zombie Dust is the one that requires some effort.

I don't really think it's worth the effort or the coin to be honest.

Scotty is much better connected and able to supply than I... but usually gumball head and necron 99 are sitting at my local liquor store for purchase. Crap is up to $12-14 a sixer and zombie dust might have been a hair higher if I recall.
    For me... I don't make the hour drive to the brewery and sure as hell don't stand in line on release days. I think they cut it down to a case as well and cut off the bombers. It used to be $7-10 bombers at the brewery and those make more sense to ship or buy.

But if'n yer dying for it let me know. It shows up often enough that if I knew it had a home I can pick some up.

Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana does have lots of great beer... but fer my money I'd happily limit myself to Michigan. There aren't many beers that Bells or Founders don't make as well or better. Two Hearted IPA is right up there with any three floyds stuff and sitting on the shelf. Founders does a whole series of IPA's that even a non-ipa drinker like me can appreciate in the summertime.

Had an awesome barrell aged IPA the other day.
    https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/barrel-runner/

A four pack of that is a million times better than zombie dust at roughly the same price.

Hop Slam... Heady Topper... Sleeper Cell... Dank Meme or Wake up Neo from Tryptych are all beers better spent tracking down fer your money than anything from 3 Floyds really.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Gumball head is easy if you want some.
    Zombie Dust is the one that requires some effort.

I don't really think it's worth the effort or the coin to be honest.

Scotty is much better connected and able to supply than I... but usually gumball head and necron 99 are sitting at my local liquor store for purchase. Crap is up to $12-14 a sixer and zombie dust might have been a hair higher if I recall.
    For me... I don't make the hour drive to the brewery and sure as hell don't stand in line on release days. I think they cut it down to a case as well and cut off the bombers. It used to be $7-10 bombers at the brewery and those make more sense to ship or buy.

But if'n yer dying for it let me know. It shows up often enough that if I knew it had a home I can pick some up.

Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana does have lots of great beer... but fer my money I'd happily limit myself to Michigan. There aren't many beers that Bells or Founders don't make as well or better. Two Hearted IPA is right up there with any three floyds stuff and sitting on the shelf. Founders does a whole series of IPA's that even a non-ipa drinker like me can appreciate in the summertime.

Had an awesome barrell aged IPA the other day.
    https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/barrel-runner/

A four pack of that is a million times better than zombie dust at roughly the same price.

Hop Slam... Heady Topper... Sleeper Cell... Dank Meme or Wake up Neo from Tryptych are all beers better spent tracking down fer your money than anything from 3 Floyds really.
    Heady Topper is at the top of my list but also a rarity for me. I was able to get a good connect with a liquor store in Iowa that would mail me Toppling Golliath which is my all time favorite brewery. The psuedo sue and golden nugget are the best I have ever had. I only sit at 326 unique beers on untapped (app) but TG is as good as it gets, for my taste buds.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

My Heady Topper came as a nice surprise from Scotty.

The best beer I ever drink is the one in my hand.

Aren't we kinda getting off-track here a little. Faces people, faces

We're right on track as always.

Brew cruise this last weekend my lovely wife surprised me with.
    brew fest.JPG

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Aren't we kinda getting off-track here a little. Faces people, faces
    Well, let's combine them, as Bill has started..... Brews and faces! Here's us on top of our 50th state highpoint ("Mount" Sunflower, KAnsas), enjoying maybe my all-time favorite Ale from the state where we climbed our 2nd highpoint, the Midnight Sun Brewing Company, Anchorage, AK. "Epuche Culotte" (French, sort of for "Panty Peeler")
    Attached Images Attached Images

FACES OF SOBRIETY

Alcohol Free since 1973. Here is Little Uncle Fungus in 1980 on Raider Camp Creek in Pisagh NF.

40 Years later at Middle Falls on Snowbird Creek, NC.

Images

Another opportunity for Tipi to bash responsible alcohol!
    Not to get into a pissing contest, but the last time I was drunk was when I was 18. 44 years ago. Got ya by 4 years! (But I still enjoy my beer on a regular basis)

Hikers fighting makes Will sad.
    sad will.jpg

The last time I was drunk was Sunday, bout an hour or so after that picture above.
    No app on my phone fer it... but I did add bout 40 new beers and 4 meads to my list.
    The craft beer cruise was a Wisconsin centered one... though no new glarus aboard unfortunately.
    No shortage of fine beers available these days. No shortage of differing ways to enjoy the woods either.

Cheers to all.

If the gubment wants the goods on ya, posting or not posting your picture on WB isn't going to make any difference. The same would likely go for just about any other agency or individual with nefarious intentions looking to track you down. That said, PYOP (post your own pics) or not, it's up to you!

My wife and I (Cathy and John, AKA Adam Ant and 'Shwack) at Black Rock Mountain State Park

Images

first fishing trip out of my cedar strip canoe I built.

CA.jpg

,.jpg
    I found as a troubled youth that changing your path, required only the strength to step off your current one.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FIREWHATFIRE View Post
    first fishing trip out of my cedar strip canoe I built.

CA.jpg

,.jpg
    Beautiful canoe FireWhatFire. I cut the molds for one several years ago but had to put the project aside when my wife would not let me build it in my living room. I don't have any other space big enough, but still hope to get to it someday
    “For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

13-45 Section Hiker Trash
    Images

What he heck, I'll play too. I think there's already pics of me somewhere but if not here's the great reveal of the identity of Berserker!

This so happens to be from my latest trip, and for all intents and purposes is where I became a 2000 miler (I actually hit 2000 miles about 1 mile before this point on the ascent, but that's not nearly as sexy).
    2001 mile point Saddleback Summit.jpg
    AT: 2007-2019 (45 sections)
    JMT: 2013

That's a purdy stripper.

Much like Scotty... one of these days...

Though a Hornbeck appeals to me from time to time when I dream of Boundary Waters or the Northern Forest Canoe Trail.
    http://www.hornbeckboats.com/boats_nt_13.php

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I've been hiking mostly solo for a while now, so....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 08-13-2018 at 13:55.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I've been hiking mostly solo for a while now, so....

Looking good there, Teacher! Good to see that you're getting out there in the woods. Nothing wrong with solo!

Images

scan0030.jpg0112a 53-Day5_412ToGo.jpgMy brother & I's first AT photo together (1987 in the GSMNP) and our most recent (2017 in NH). My mug is on the left in the "historic" photo and on the right in the 2017 addition.

Journal Entries

I was thinking about this thread the other day, about how backwards it is. In "normal" life we judge/assess people by their appearance. From the physical appearance we can (usually) get race/gender/age/class. A woman, you're safe; a different race, be on guard; ragged clothes, you're homeless, etc. We quickly come to a tentative conclusion whether that person is a friend or foe. Subsequent interactions and observations may change the first impression.

On WB it's different. Much of that visual information is hidden. Some users don't have ages shown, some have gender-neutral names, few of us show our faces. We get to know one another FIRST and MOST by the quality of information, the tone of a response, the occasional touch of humor, the willingness to speak out in support or sometimes condemnation. It's kinda like what MLK said about his children and the color of their skin and the content of the character. Interesting to think about.

Of course if I should happen to meet one of you on the trail, I'll probably judge you by how you look, and smell!

Here's me and my husband at one o' them road crossings up in Maine. September 2015.

Okay I'll post my mug lol.IMG_20141205_125445.jpg

It's 4 years old but I'm dressed up lol.

My normal look.
    IMG_20180725_094327527.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++