WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Port Clinton, PA Parking Update

There is parking in Port Clinton for section hikers on Broad Street past the Fire Station, over the bridge to the left after the Railroad yard. There is a large green sign indicating that hikers may park in a grassy area. It is near the baseball field. I read in older threads that there was a question as to whether parking was still permitted there. There is also parking on Route 61 S in a small lot on the right just leaving Port Clinton going toward Hamburg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The baseball field has been the standard parking lot for hiking at least back to the Summer of 2017. I didn't know about the other one off 61, though. Will have to locate that the next time I'm up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    I didn't know about the other one off 61, though. Will have to locate that the next time I'm up that way.
    The southbound 61 parking lot has been there for years, marked on the color KTA A.T. maps, with a short blue trail to the A.T. Unfortunately it seems to attract quite a lot of vandalism, broken glass, etc. Don't know if that extends to car smashing, but I know BMECC has had to clean that up numerous times. I'd be leery about leaving a vehicle there over a weekend overnight. Plus, it's a bit of a PITA to get reversed direction on 61, at least politely without going through alleys with people standing around, etc.

++ New Posts ++