Quote Originally Posted by somers515 View Post
. . . I am curious what the approximate total mileage would be for a trip like this . . . .
I went to check out the AMC online guide which I recall in past years was pretty nice and let you create routes and it would calculate the mileage and elevation change for you and saw this message on the AMC website:

Important News Regarding White Mountain Guide Online Retirement

Over the course of ten years, thousands of outdoors enthusiasts have used White Mountain Guide Online to plan their adventures, and we remain grateful to every one of you for doing so.
Unfortunately, ongoing technical challenges with the application today prevent us from delivering the standard of service that subscribers deserve and that we expect of ourselves all across AMC. After much deliberation, we must share the news that we are disabling the ability to subscribe or renew, discontinuing further development of the application, and closing down White Mountain Guide Online effective September 30, 2018.
Active subscribers should already have received an email communicating our intent to refund subscription fees. If you are an active subscriber and did not receive an email, please contact us.
White Mountain Guide Online will remain accessible to active subscribers so that you may continue to use saved routes and map new outings through the end of September. Please note, however, that the current White Mountain Guide Online does not reflect the latest trail openings, closings, and re-routings, all of which are included in the 30th edition of the printed White Mountain Guide.
AMC extends its sincere thanks to all those who have supported White Mountain Guide Online over the past decade. We intend to use what we’ve learned from this experience to inform future development efforts, and we will keep our subscribers informed via email as we finalize plans for closing this site.

Bummer.