WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gulf Rd (MA) to Stratton/Arlington Rd (VT) ride question

Hi all, thank you for any advice in advance.

Doing my 4th section hike and doing this one alone. Starting on Gulf Rd in MA and probably making it to Stratton/Arlington Rd in VT this coming Thurs (23 AUG) ending on Sun (26 AUG) - if I don't make that, ending at Vt 9 in Bennington. My question is, it's too far for a friend back home to come up for the drop off and pick up spots so I'm driving my car, I think. How do people get back to their cars when finishing some 60 miles up the trail and like a almost 1 3/4 hour drive back to Gulf rd parking? I guess I could have someone drive the almost 3 hours to shuttle me back, but am I looking at a taxi back to the Gulf Rd parking spot? Yikes.

Any suggestions? Am I just looking for two friends to drop me off and pick me up? Probably the way I should go I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Bears12th

Images

in most places along the AT there are people you can hire to drive you. generally they prefer to do this before you hike and then you hike back to your car.

its also possible to use public transportation for a good part of what yure proposing, though maybe not all, but i have often found that trying to do so wastes too much time.

++ New Posts ++