WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Iron-On Seal Seal for Hydroplus 100% Nylon

I have a Columbia Glennaker Lake jacket that fits perfectly keeps me 100% dry except along the seam that runs across my back.. For $5.00 I can purchase iron-on GoreTex seam tape. I requires the use of an iron set to medium. My concern is what the heat will do to the nylon.

Anyone here have experience with undertaking such a foolish project?
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Travel not for the destination, but for the joy of the journey.

I've used iron-on goretex tape a couple of times. Obviously too much heat will melt your jacket. I used a special iron I found at my local sewing store that has a couple of small interchangeable heads... One of which is a little heart-shaped blade that is only 1" wide, same as my tape. I used medium low heat, kept the mini-iron on the tape only, and kept it moving constantly, while applying a little pressure.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Here's the iron I used.... The Clover Mini Iron II...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MINI-IRON-2-TIP-SET/12347754
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Or you could send me jacket to Rainy Pass in Seattle for factory authorized repair.
    http://rainypass.com/
    Good luck!
    Wayne

Or follow the instructions to seamseal a tarptent on tarptent.com.
    ...seems like it should work, and isn't too difficult - though you may need a helper.

++ New Posts ++