WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by spfleisig View Post
    I haven't spent a whole lot of time Googling yet but I can't seem to find a YouTube vid or something else to show me what you guys are talking about re shock cord set ups on the tent guylines. Can you point me to something that will help the slower ones like me picture what's going on? Thx
    Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AMLiPWvZh4
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    It's on track. We're all sitting around shooting the shart while we wait for your new tent to show up.

Exactly. With useful information too.

Still hasn't shipped. Ugh. Was supposed to ship yesterday as they were waiting on the solid inner.

I'm really not the most patient person

You will appreciate the solid inner tent in the UK.
    Enjoy!
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    You will appreciate the solid inner tent in the UK.
    Enjoy!
    Wayne
    Hence why I ordered it...I've been chatting on Trek-Lite

Dune, if it hasn't shipped by the time you leave for UK just have them ship it to my house.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Double wall tents worked in the 1960s. Nothing has happened since to change that.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by lonehiker View Post
    Dune, if it hasn't shipped by the time you leave for UK just have them ship it to my house.
    Thanks. I appreciate that. It's coming to my friend's house in Casper so she can mail it on if necessary. I'm sure it will ship in the next few days so not too worried...I'm just impatient as I can't wait to get it and try it out.

Just got the shipping notification. Yay.

Kudos to Tarptent for double-checking why my billing and shipping addresses were different...I appreciate that level of security especially with so much money on the line.

TarpTent is a class act! From design through delivery to follow up.
    Wayne

Tent arrived on site this week although I wasn't on location to open it. Finally got to open the box but haven't done anything else. I am hoping to get the chance to put it up today (when my friend gets back with my hiking poles). Will post pictures and first thoughts when I can.

Have you had a chance to set it up yet? I'm eager to hear your review!

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    Have you had a chance to set it up yet? I'm eager to hear your review!
    Briefly. I had to buy a set of WM hiking poles (I loaned mine to notbad for his WRHR trip). The quality and size seemed good but apparently I didn't follow the directions very well as it was kind of saggy on the ridgeline. I used some borrowed and very crappy stakes which didn't help.

I had one QC issue which HS has promptly sent a replacement part for...a strap on the floor that was easily replaced.

Once the new part is in I will try to do a better review and picture once I get is set up better.

I will say that I do like that the semi-solid inner is part mesh, part silnylon and part DCF. A good combination. I will buy the mesh/DCF inner for drier trips when they get caught up on orders.

so whats been your experience usung it ?

Quote Originally Posted by BongoTheOneEyed View Post
    so whats been your experience usung it ?
    It was a good tent, spacious but I found the interior sagged more than I liked and I found it a pain to put up and put away. I did a full "first impressions" review on my blog:

https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.c...t-impressions/

I used it for the West Highland Way and it worked fine. In the end though due to time it took to pitch and that I could never get it laid out and then pitched exactly how I wanted it, plus the frustrations of packing it away and also not being able to fit in the top of the pack made it a no-go for me. It's a great tent just too fiddly for my style...I like the simplicity and ease of the Duplex or similar tents. So it was sold last year and I bought something better suited to me

In what ways do you think the Duplex was better ? it seems they are both made with DCF but the SS li was more difficult to pack down ?

Quote Originally Posted by BongoTheOneEyed View Post
    In what ways do you think the Duplex was better ? it seems they are both made with DCF but the SS li was more difficult to pack down ?
    I'm a huge fan of DCF and that certainly wasn't an issue...it was the lack of simplicity in the set-up, and to a lesser extent, the take down of the SS Li. I used to be able to get my Duplex up in about 5 minutes in perfect conditions, with everything taught and perfect. I would say it took me 3x that to get the SS Li up and it was never set up exactly where I wanted it for me to lay (head uphill and not on a side-to-side slope). It's still a good tent but just wasn't for me...others love it though.

The packability was a huge thing also...I absolutely HAVE to carry my tent inside my pack. That is a huge thing for me

just spotted this...
    There is no reason why the SS Li should not go up in less than 5 minutes but I have seen others that have had similar problems with the sil version too.
    I think it is just a case that some get it sort of instinctively and others don't.
    I have my way of setting them up that should also make it very easy to orient it the way you want the floor to be.

this really is the second time I set it up , the first try was done the same way as Henry does it in his videos. So in effect you see live the very first time the tent was set up like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++