WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 299 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nean
    I believe that to be an opinion and far from fact. To each their own.
    Exactly.

Starting in 5 days and hope it snows!

Best of luck to you Freefall. I hope I dont see you along the way. That would mean something bad happened to you or I am moving too fast. Walk well and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by digger51
    Best of luck to you Freefall. I hope I dont see you along the way. That would mean something bad happened to you or I am moving too fast. Walk well and be safe.
    Thanks, and you have a great hike as well!

Images

Count me as one of those people who doesn't really like MS all that much, but at least he's out there giving it a shot, so let's cut the guy a break and see what happens.

MS, wherever you are, I still think you've got your head up your keister, but I wish you the best of luck and Happy Trails.
    Me no care, me here free beer. Tap keg, please?

I thought L Wolf's comment was simply a "double dog dare."

I look forward to what he thinks about 11 mile days in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck to you MS. Hope you come to appreciate the harmony that is orchestrated by the wind, the rain, the rocks, the trees, the people, and all things associated with this path through the woods.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith
    It's a VERY nice place, with people to match.

FYI, Lone Wolf, I started at Amicalola, making it to Black Gap shelter the first night, about 7 miles. There was snow alongside the Trail (and often on it) almost the whole way from the Falls to over a mile past Stover Creek shelter. Yesterday I hiked in sleet for about 90 minutes, and in freezing rain for four hours. I heard that there is 3 feet of snow in the Smokies right now, with some hikers stuck at Fontana and Erwin. I'm carrying a tarptent, so even though I've got a 0-degree bag (spent 13 hours in it last night), won't camp in subfreezing temps if I can avoid it right now (I've never hidden being a shelter weenie). Too, I preferred not to try to make the ~11.6 miles from Gooch to Woods Hole in a single shot, as 8 or so is my upper limit right now, with a pack with winter gear and the conditions, not to mention my not-yet-gone gut.
    sniff, sniff, snivel, snivel. hiked from springer to neel gap in two days a couple of weeks ago, using an 8x10 tarp. some snow and sleet with freezing temps in mid afternoon. oh, and both the dog and i freakin' loved every minute of it. welcome to north georgia. not to worry though, i'm sure they have the heat on in the hostel for you at neel gap. happy hikin', watch out for those damn trail pooches, and best of luck. you're gonna need it.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

How often is MS shaving, I wonder.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by general
    sniff, sniff, snivel, snivel. hiked from springer to neel gap in two days a couple of weeks ago, using an 8x10 tarp. some snow and sleet with freezing temps in mid afternoon. oh, and both the dog and i freakin' loved every minute of it. welcome to north georgia. not to worry though, i'm sure they have the heat on in the hostel for you at neel gap. happy hikin', watch out for those damn trail pooches, and best of luck. you're gonna need it.
    yea i thought his original post was a little different myself. we had temps below 0F on our thru in N GA.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

and i love the way you threw in the dog comments general
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Images

MS arrived at Neels Gap just before store closed at 5:00pm. today 2/21.
    Rambler

Is he doing something special that we need an update every 10 miles as to his whereabouts?

I would like to see a picture of the Legend himself...preferably with a dog chasing after him. But I wish him the best of luck also.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by general
    Yeah, I bet the scariest part is all those liberals in the flesh that don't mind the cold so much.
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

I have a bear suit and plan to don it and hike south from Tesnatee Gap starting in the AM. I have an extra Rottweiller costume if anyone wants to join me.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

He's probably taking a "0" tomorrow. Been a tough 30 miles.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Is he doing something special that we need an update every 10 miles as to his whereabouts?

f--kin- cool aint lonewolf,25 to 1 neo

Images

He's probably taking a "0" tomorrow. Been a tough 30 miles.
    maybe he will need 2 zero days lonwolf 25 to 1 neo

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    I have a bear suit and plan to don it and hike south from Tesnatee Gap starting in the AM. I have an extra Rottweiller costume if anyone wants to join me.

Add a dress to that bear suit. That would surely send him back to the hostel.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

No, I would say not; but after 1100 posts , his bail out on last years plans, his exhaustive posts on everything under the sun, and his claim to being used to very cold conditions, I imagine people are curious about his progress. Since he started early, and most people who drop out do so before they hit NC, I can see why we are getting the "play by play". Oh well. Like I said before: ain't scrutiny a bitch?

Page 2 of 299 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++