Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I might head back to this trail around november or December, is anyone else heading t

I bitched this trail out once already because of how disgusting it was, but I'm gonna give it another go. I am not sure where I'll start, but I want to harden my feet for the AT in a few months, and since I'm here... why not Is anyone else heading out around the same time frame? I'm not asking anyone if they want to meet up, I just want to see if I'm alone in this endeavor of sloshing through black tannic mud, and orb weaver hell, for four or five months.

I'm considering a post Thanksgiving start.

Man if you hate the FT as much as it sounds like you do why go back?

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    I'm considering a post Thanksgiving start.

Man if you hate the FT as much as it sounds like you do why go back?
    A. I went during the warm months, which was a mistake and B. I wanna break my feet back in for the AT in May, and the FST is a good, flat place to start getting my trail legs back. Also I'm already here, so why not.

You should head to Ocala section of you want to keep your feet dry. It is dry most of the time and very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Flsnowman View Post
    You should head to Ocala section of you want to keep your feet dry. It is dry most of the time and very beautiful.
    I would love to keep my feet dry, but I want to get rid of my gut, get some energy back, and have callouses on my feet for the AT, so I'm Just gonna start in Peniscola.

I am considering hiking the panhandle section west to east before heading south and starting north. I suspect the FT will be a fast pace trail for me. I will be finishing my AT hike in a few days, then taking some time off until Thanksgiving. There's plenty of time for me to decide and plan.

++ New Posts ++