WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Some Costco Deals

Got a merino wool long sleeve tee @7.5 ounces and $20. Karbon brand. Seems like it will be usefull
    Also a Marmot 100 wt. full zip fleece @ 12.5 ounces and $30.
    Both in extra long.
    Worth a look for those in need of such things.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Extra long? Wow, you don't usually see that level of specialty sizing at Costco.
    BTW, my nearest one (Fort Oglethorpe, GA) didn't have either, or at least I didn't notice them.

Q: Suppose I have some older lightweight merino wool sweaters. Couple of snags here and there (thanks, kitties!). Is there any reason they would not be just as good to wear as a merino layer as anything you'd buy at an REI-type store for hiking? I weighed a couple of mine (men's XL) and they were 8-10oz each. Seems like a decent way to use ones that you'd otherwise be ready to retire, if you don't mind looking a bit dressy - until, upon closer inspection, the snags are seen

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    Extra long? Wow, you don't usually see that level of specialty sizing at Costco.
    BTW, my nearest one (Fort Oglethorpe, GA) didn't have either, or at least I didn't notice them.

Q: Suppose I have some older lightweight merino wool sweaters. Couple of snags here and there (thanks, kitties!). Is there any reason they would not be just as good to wear as a merino layer as anything you'd buy at an REI-type store for hiking? I weighed a couple of mine (men's XL) and they were 8-10oz each. Seems like a decent way to use ones that you'd otherwise be ready to retire, if you don't mind looking a bit dressy - until, upon closer inspection, the snags are seen
    Oops! I meant to type extra large. They do fit like most "long" sizes, though.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying.

FWIW my experience as a L-Long is that XL sizes add more in girth than they do in length, which is what I need more (for now - ha!).

++ New Posts ++