WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2021 Thru hike partner?

I’m thinking about hiking the AT in 2021, preferably starting in early March. I’d like to find someone to start the trail with and hike with for at least the first 2 weeks or so. Preferably someone a bit younger. Let me know if you’re interested!

I'm considering a NOBO LASH starting at Springer mid-February-ish 2021 and hiking through the month of April. I understand I'll probably be slowed because of the terrain and weather so there's a good chance you'll pass me at some point.

People will be starting their thru hikes almost every day during the month of March. Your best bet to find the right hiking partner would be to hike at a comfortable pace and see who ends up at the same shelters/campsites every night. Make friends and enjoy the ride! Don't worry about hiking alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SCsurf98 View Post
    People will be starting their thru hikes almost every day during the month of March. Your best bet to find the right hiking partner would be to hike at a comfortable pace and see who ends up at the same shelters/campsites every night. Make friends and enjoy the ride! Don't worry about hiking alone.
    Really good advice there.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

One post from the OP 2 years ago. What's the chances of him/her still planning to do this hike next year?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    One post from the OP 2 years ago. What's the chances of him/her still planning to do this hike next year?
    Probably slim and none.
    But still good advice above about not worrying about finding a partner in advance and instead just roll with it once you are out there.

++ New Posts ++