WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poncho Tarp?

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    Which S2S Ultra Sil ponho tarp is that. is it the nano, or regular nylon tarp?
    This one. Yeah, it looks like they're calling it the Ultra-Sil Nano Tarp Poncho now. Yes, it is kinda stupid expensive. But it also rocks, at least for me. You could always get the less expensive urethane coated nylon one. It would work just as well, but weigh a bit more and maybe bit a bit less slippery when bushwhacking?
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Both my Exped ponchos are Silnylon, and one issue I have is, when wet it takes forever to really dry completely. I shake it out but only manage the water pearls all over the silicon surface to become smaller and smaller, but I never can shake them off completely. Back from a rainy hike I hang the poncho in my office for two days until ist ready to be stored away for good.

With regards to cold arms, I can button-up the side slit of the poncho by this keeping the arms and hands completely inside. As long as the shirt/jacket sleeves are still reasonably dry (which is difficult to impossible for a longer rain period, unfortunately) its easy to keep the hands warm, as long as there is sufficient body heat at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++