WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    Done right, that hang makes it much easier to keep the bag further from the ground because the bag only drops 1/2 the distance of the line between the hang carabiner and where you tie the stopper stick unlike the PCT method that drops the bag the full distance from the carabiner to your stopper stick.
    Hmmm. The PCT method with which I'm familiar only drops the bag to the height represented by the midpoint of the highest point of the bag (near the branch) and the height at which I clove-hitch the stopper stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    Hmmm. The PCT method with which I'm familiar only drops the bag to the height represented by the midpoint of the highest point of the bag (near the branch) and the height at which I clove-hitch the stopper stick.
    Same here.

I wrap it around a piece of thin walled PVC pipe.
    The pipe can be used as a handle for pulling small diameter line with multiple food bags and it can be used as a pipe for some water sources. And I suppose it can be used as the world's most annoying bugle.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    Exactly. And the method Mags and I (and I think Dogwood) were referring to drops it 1/2 that far from the branch.

But, back to the OP. Yeah, what people are calling the figure-8 method is the way to go. Although, it looks like there is a bit of confusion on what it is. Here is a youtube video about it. It really is super effective.

Good luck.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++