Thumbs up If you are looking for a trail buddy 2019 AT in Feb

If one to two ladies are looking for a trail buddy to start because they have never soloed hiked and nervous...

I am starting Feb 10th as a solo female hiker. I live close to Springer and know the trail intimately. Anyone who needs to be picked up from the airport or train station a day or two before I can come get you. I have a huge house so happy to put you up. On the 10th my husband and kids will be dropping me off above the stairs on the approach trail.

I am a solo hiker but happy to get another female used to hiking alone and sleeping in the scary forest (not so scary really). Once we hit Neels Gap we can yo-yo with different speeds. If anyone would like to tag along during the cold time of the year, I ask all winter gear/clothing has been dialed in, tested in cold environments, and able to hike 8 miles a day at a min.

My itinerary Good weather from approach trail bad weather will change to aiming for shelters.
    Day 1: springer shelter 6.5 miles to ease in
    Day 2: to hawk mountain 8.1 miles. Easy day to rest up for Sassafrass and Butt Kickers
    Day 3: to a stealth site I know on Ramrock 10.8 BUT gooch gap if bad weather and Sassafras and Butt kickers whooped us 7.6 miles
    Day 4: to woods hole 9 miles. Nice manageable stretch from Preaching rock for 2.7 miles.
    Day 5: neels 4.5

Email me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers!

Offer was met and filled! thank you for such a huge interest! Very excited for the adventure

Wow, I didn't know people start that early. All the best on your adventure!

15 miles is a nearo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++