WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Modern language

Sure, there are a lot of potty mouths out there, and all seemingly damn proud of it.

Don't get David Goggins started https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tSTk1083VY

And here's a bad one, Juli Bauer http://paleomg.com/paleomg-uncensored/

too bad that both people have a good message

Adventure Trekker/Science Geek
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc View Post
    too bad that both people have a good message
    But you couldn't hear them? Or others can't? A "wrong" sequence of syllables renders the content inconsequential or beyond access? Something like that? Pardon me for saying so, but in my view that doesn't make the audience enlightened or righteous, more like willfully defective, actively placing themselves beneath the characteristics humans pride ourselves on (advanced rational thought for instance). -it seems wearing asinine badges of honor happens on both sides. Being too good for a message because it was "spelled" "wrong" is, in fact, just as lame if not more so than proud profuse cussers. Make no mistake about it: that approach is scarcely different from "the sky is falling" type of hysteria we laughed at on Saturday morning cartoons.

bottom line is it fundamentally means nothing. As for some of the focus of the conversation here: I fully agree cussers don't need to be dicks about it. If that's your approach to language than cool, but if you flaunt it -it sincerely is some low class trailer trash bull****, child. And those with other approaches to language; not sure if I can safely say some of those antics are bear much maturity either. Just try to chill on it... it doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by Rift Zone; 12-24-2018 at 00:58.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible." -Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by GankenBerry View Post
    i've had some insane conversations with people on the trail. some of the things i've heard were enough to make me push on an extra 8+ miles to avoid future interactions.
    Did we meet on trail? Wishing to avoid other cocoa birds is why I stealth camp often. I go on hikes to keep the straight jacket people from coming to get me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++