WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Christmas gear gifts

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I got 6 pairs of the most wonderful, cushy, warm 83% merlino wool socks! I wore a pair on my 23 mile walk. My feet got wet but stayed nice and warm even though the temps were <32*. Unfortunately, wet and a really long walk wore a hole in them....... Oh well, it was worth the comfort, and I still have 5 pairs!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

I got a family of my own, little people that think i hung the moon. I couldnt be happier. Merry christmas ya filthy animals
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I got a titanium UL French Press. Can you tell I've been testing it out often? Gotta test that gear out pre hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I got a titanium UL French Press. Can you tell I've been testing it out often? Gotta test that gear out pre hike.
    I had to search this one out, since for me, good coffee is one of those "essential luxury" items.

The cool factor quickly fades when the weight weenie in me figures my Via packs are consumed completely, (except for tiny packaging) but a press pot cup has coffee grounds left behind. I might take Via packs for the whole trip, (not always easy to find at a reasonable price) but a press pot would allow coffee shopping/resupply along the way.

Just great, another category to throw around and debate internally. Merry Christmas

Got a €100,- voucher for the local outdoor shop.

I had on my wishlist:
    600g down sleeping bag
    inflatable pad
    snowshoes

Over the last months, I've sorted out all those items as "Things I'll never buy":
    I have a 800g down bag that is heavily used and has the warmth of a new 600g
    Had very bad experience with inflatable pads in the areas I'll be using them
    Have better stuff than snowshoes: Rossignol Free Trek mini skier

So now I'm a bit lost about what to buy?

Journal Entries

Santa brought me some new boots! Sweet! Double sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Santa brought me some new boots! Sweet! Double sweet!

I went on a first date hiking, with someone who assured me she could hike. She showed up at the trail head in something very similar to the boots on the left. We're still good friends, but we don't hike together often. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    I got a family of my own, little people that think i hung the moon. I couldnt be happier. Merry christmas ya filthy animals
    Congratulations!

Default Christmas gear gifts

[QUOTE=Gambit McCrae;2232257] I got a family of my own, little people that think i hung the moon. I couldnt be happier. /QUOTE]

One of the best lines I’ve seen on WB! Thanks!!!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    I went on a first date hiking, with someone who assured me she could hike. She showed up at the trail head in something very similar to the boots on the left. We're still good friends, but we don't hike together often. Good times.
    Those are some beautiful boots, but they're no good for any sort of walking. Those Keens, on the other hand, are itching to get out there in the mud!

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Those are some beautiful boots, but they're no good for any sort of walking. Those Keens, on the other hand, are itching to get out there in the mud!
    Call 'em your urban hikers.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

My wife got me one of these. I like it a lot so far. It had the clip on it but I also received the cash strap and put that on. The cash strap seems to be able to handle those little grocery keychain cards well, plus cash. Although I like the style of a money clip. I like that it is super compact, sits nicer in my pants pocket.

This qualifies as one of those items I might have put on my wish list but wouldn't buy (due to the price). It's a super nice gift though plus she got it engraved.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++