Images

Default Ocala FT Closed During Shutdown?

Was planning to thru Ocala over my winter break and wouldn't ya' know it--the gubment decides to shut down. Anyone know if Ocala will be off-limits or open with no services or not affected?
    "I am learning nothing in this trivial world of [humans]. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news." --John Muir

Only the "fee" areas would be affected. I'm leaving in a minute for an overnighter out there, I'll let you know.

Probably all the Springs and campgrounds will be closed, you can hike through the forest but you will have to camp along the trail at a primitive campsite

Images

My biggest concern is still being able to get water...I know there are a few spots where the only water sources are at campgrounds. Would the water be shut off? Would I be arrested for trying to get water from a spigot? Does this seem like a bad idea? I really wanted to do Ocala and none of my other options are looking promising...
    "I am learning nothing in this trivial world of [humans]. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news." --John Muir

If I were you, I wouldnt hesitate to go. The water sources are in the open and should be perfectly fine. Camel up at those sites though...water in between sucks.

Hopkins campground is open, swung by there on my way out of the woods. No worries with water. With the recent rains there's more water out there than I have seen in 10+ years.

++ New Posts ++