WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ashville to the NOC -- shuttles?

With the "official" list no longer updated, these are the lists I could find:

http://www.acorntrailguide.com/compo...ha.NC&Itemid=0

Then The Trek list:

• Macon County Transit 828-349-2222. Shuttles Monday thru Friday (Feb. 15 – May 27). Multiple pickup locations in town. Call a day ahead to arrange pickup. (AWOL)
    • Beverly Carini 850-572-7352. Shuttle range approx. 100 miles. (AWOL)
    • Chuck Allen 828-371-6460. Shuttles between Springer and Fontana. Call after 1pm. (AWOL)
    • City Taxi 828-369-5042. Rides continue until 6pm, later by appointment. (AWOL)
    • Donald “Grateful “ Ballard 772-321-0905 , 706-400-9105 , 706-745-3306. Covers from Atlanta, GA. Marta to Fontana Dam, NC. Can assist with large groups. Pets are welcome. We are a 24/7 service and love to answer any questions you may have about the GA area.
    • Roadrunner Driving Services 706-201-7719. Email: [email protected]. Long distance shuttles covering Atlanta to Damascus. (AWOL)
    • Smoky Mtn Adventure 828-736-7501, 828-479-9608. Shuttles between Hiawasee-Hot Springs and 3 area airports. Slackpacking services. (AWOL)

And finally, Whiteblaze's list:

atrice Price Wesser, NC 828-538-1236
    [email protected]
    Dick’s Creek Gap, GA to Davenport Gap/I-40. emailed 3/13/18
    The Cabin in The Woods
    Craig and Eileen
    Robbinsville, NC Craig = 980-406-6446
    Eileen = 224-420-0273
    [email protected]
    www.thecabinsinthewoods.com
    Amicalola Falls State Park, GA to Hot Springs, NC. Please contact for price. Longer shuttles subject to availability. Hostel available with laundry service and breakfast; free shuttle from Stecoah Gap for guests. 3/13/2018
    Beverly Carini Franklin, NC 850-572-7352 Range: Amicolola Falls to Standing Bear Farm. (Not available before 1 on Sunday) 3/13/2018
    The Hike Inn
    Nancy Hoch
    Tom Barrett
    Fontana Dam, NC 828-479-3677
    [email protected]
    www.thehikeinn.com
    Going into their 26th year. Specializing in transportation and accommodations for hikers only, available year-round covering A.T. trailheads between Amicalola Falls S.P., GA and Erwin, TN. Airports, bus stations & car rentals in Asheville, Knoxville, and Atlanta. Reservations preferred, 15 years experience. Also covering the BMT, Bartram trail and all GSMNP trails, resupply trips, parking, planning and info. 3/13/2018
    Mike Newton Franklin, NC 828-371-8275
    [email protected]
    Georgia to Clingmans Dome, ask about other options 3/13/2018
    Steve Claxton "Mustard Seed"
    2016 A.T. thru hiker
    Fontana/
    Robbinsville, NC
    828-736-7501 - (cell) is preferred text or call
    828-479-9608 (home)
    [email protected]
    www.steveclaxton.com
    Springer Mountain to Hot Springs; NOC & Fontana Dam area; Slack Packing from Telico Gap to Fontana; Knoxville & Asheville Airports & Bus Stations; Resupply at Stecoah Gap into Robbinsville; carload up to four hikers. emailed 3/13/18
    Appalachian Services
    Bill Johnson
    Cherokee, NC 828-736-8169 (cell)
    [email protected]
    www.appalachianservices.biz
    Full-service hiker support since 2001 for the AT from Amicalola Falls State Park/Springer Mountain, GA to Erwin, TN Shuttles to/from Harpers Ferry, WV also available with sufficient notice. Website has info on airports/bus stations served, availability, additional services offered, and no-charge transportation to hospitals/Urgent Care facilities. emailed 3/13/18
    A Walk in the Woods
    Erik and Vesna Plakanis
    Gatlinburg, TN 865-436-8283
    [email protected]
    www.awalkinthewoods.com
    Celebrating our 20th year! 1998-2018. Winner REI Top Guide Award 2012 & 2017, TripAdvisor Cert. of Excellence 2010-2017 & "Must See" 2011. We are dedicated to raising environmental awareness through direct, positive experience with nature.
    "Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/awalkinwoodssmokymountains
    3/13/2018
    Tom Bazemore Gatlinburg, TN 865-456-7677
    706-265-9454
    [email protected]
    Atlanta, Asheville and Knoxville airports and bus stations and Gainesville, GA Amtrak and bus stations, and along A.T. anywhere from Amicalola Falls S.P. and Springer Mtn. GA through Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Can shuttle up to 10 people; can go as far orth as Damascus,VA for a large enough group. Can also stop at outfitters or grocery stores along the way emailed 3/13/18
    Highlands Shuttle Service
    Ron McGaha
    Newport, TN 423-625-0739 (home)
    865-322-2752 (cell)
    [email protected]
    www.highlandsshuttle service.com
    Service Area....Rock Gap/Standing Indian,NC to Damascuss,VA and anywhere in between. Side trips anywhere in the Smokies. Can also pick up at Knox ,Tenn airport or bus station or Asheville,NC airport. Will provide re-supply and mail drops upon request. Experienced A-T hiker having hiked all the A-T in my service area. Advance notice if possible. 3/13/2018
    Asheville Airport Shuttle
    Harry Siegel (Zenpig GA-ME ’96-98)
    Asheville, NC 828-231-1053
    www.ashevilleairportshuttle.com
    www.ashevilleairportshuttle.com for price list. Cash and all major credit cards https://paypal.me/harrysiegel for quick payment. All points from Springer Mountain, GA to Southwest VA on AT. All major airports and bus station. Up to 6 hikers and packs. Dogs okay. Fully licensed and insured

I had a shuttle driver centered in Atlanta suggest that I look a little further north for a shuttle, especially since I'm looking at March 18 and flying into Asheville (AVL).

So, I'm looking for suggestions and prices.

Oh, and the ATC's discontinued list:

Ron HavenBudget Inn (828) 524-4403 andSapphire Inn (828) 524-4406Franklin, NCShuttles from Franklin to Rock Gap,Wallace Gap, Wayah Gap, Winding StairGap. To/from Hiawassee, NOC, StandingIndian Campground; Atlanta and Ashevilleairports; Waynesville, Asheville, andGainesville, GA bus stations. 1 houradvance notice for local shuttles; 24 hoursfor long-distance shuttles.Mark's Sedan Driving Service (Seasonal)Mark CrockettFranklin, [email protected](239) 292-3623 (cell)$2.00 per mile from point of origin todropoff location. Can transport up to 4hikers w/full-size packs.Springer Mountain, GA to Hot Springs, NCand Atlanta, Knoxville, Ashville, andGreenville (SC) airports, as well as smallprivate plane AP's in Macon County NC,Taccoa GA, and Pickens, SC. AlsoGreyhound Bus Stations in Atlanta,Knoxville, and Greenville SC.Accepts MC/Visa/AMEX, cash or check.(July 15th to November 15th only)Larry’s Taxi & Shuttle ServiceLarry JacobsFranklin, NC(828) [email protected]24 hrs. a day/7 days a weekA.T. and Asheville, Greenville (SC),Spartanburg, Knoxville, and Atlanta.Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)Bryson City, NC(828) 488-2175, ext. 222www.noc.comNOC does not offer shuttle service, butemployees may be able to on their timeoff. NOC is located in Wesser, on A.T.Patrice PriceWesser, NC(828) [email protected]k’s Creek Gap, GA to Davenport Gap/I-40.Michael-Anthony WeaverBryson City, NC(828) [email protected]inger Mtn, GA to Southern VA.John NewmanP.O. Box 1239Cullowhee, NC 28723-1239(828) 506-5266 (cell) preferred(828) 349-9087 (home)[email protected] Gap to Wesser (sometimes beyond)– especially in & out of FranklinThis is NOT a shuttle service! I am moreinterested in helping long-distance hikerswhen they have a pressing need on thetrail, such as an emergency at home,illness or injury on the trail, soles came offshoes, or you and your buddies haveexhausted your supplies of duct tape, etc.Donna & PhilThe Cabin in The WoodsRobbinsville, NC(2 miles from Stecoah Gap)(828) 735 1930(828) [email protected] omAmicalola Falls State Park, GA to HotSprings, NC. 50˘ per mile based on roundtrip (i.e., for a trip 12 miles away, thecharge will be for 24 miles). Hostelavailable; free shuttle from Stecoah Gapfor guests.

South of SmokiesSee also : Jeff & Nancy Hoch, Smokies area Appalachian Services, Smokies areaDarlene SwoffordFranklin, NC(706) 201-7719 (cell)[email protected] Mtn. - Hot Springs, N.C.Rate depends on time and distance.

The Hike InnJeff and Nancy HochFontana Dam, NC(828) [email protected]cializing in transportation andaccommodations for hikers only, availableyear-round covering A.T. trailheadsbetween Amicalola Falls S.P., GA andErwin, TN. Airports, bus stations & carrentals in Asheville, Knoxville, and Atlanta.Reservations preferred, 15 yearsexperience. Also covering the BMT,Bartram trail and all GSMNP trails,resupply trips, parking, planning and info.

I'm loath to just start contacting people for quotes and such, so I'm hoping for feedback, while at the same time realizing that there may not be much posters here can tell me.

Anyway, appreciate any thoughts.

http://www.kayak.com/s/compareresult...ECK_US_CFDCMP2

Also this, though they want me to drop off in Franklin and then I'd have to catch a shuttle from Franklin to the NOC.

I would be willing to guess that the Asheville Airport Shuttle will be your best option. They list $155 on their website for Asheville Airport to the NOC. Generally the cheapest options are when the shuttle driver is located very close to your route.

That is an 81 mile one way shuttle, takes about 1.5 hours to drive one way. Then the shuttle driver has to do it again to get back. $155 is a deal. Most shuttles charge $1-$1.25 a mile.

Images

someone on here was mentioning a bus that runs from asheville over to robbinsville a few weeks ago...

not sure if that is really a thing or not......

but as soumodeler says------that aint an easy drive......

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    I would be willing to guess that the Asheville Airport Shuttle will be your best option. They list $155 on their website for Asheville Airport to the NOC. Generally the cheapest options are when the shuttle driver is located very close to your route.

That is an 81 mile one way shuttle, takes about 1.5 hours to drive one way. Then the shuttle driver has to do it again to get back. $155 is a deal. Most shuttles charge $1-$1.25 a mile.
    Thanks. That makes sense. I got a steal last time I was at the NOC, got a ride with an employee who also drives shuttle as they were going home from the NOC to Asheville.

++ New Posts ++