WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Double it and on a good day you might get a Neo Air on sale. I would not accept anything less...

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by lonehiker View Post
    I wouldn't skimp too much on a sleeping pad. You do spend a lot of time on them and a good night's sleep is important. I use the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite (small 8 oz) Sleeping Pad accompanied with a closed cell pad cut to the same dimensions. The closed cell can be placed under the Xlite for added protection or on top for additional insulation value. Total combined weight is appx 10.6 oz and this system is quite versatile. I use a GG closed cell pad but have used a cheap walmart blue pad in the past (it is a bit heavier). Using the short pad does require that I use my backpack for my lower legs.
    I second the motion to find another place to save money - we all need our beauty sleep. I do the same for my setup - a CCF under the inflatable adds extra warmth and comfort and greatly extends the life of the inflatable. Bonus: if the pad leaks, you can still make it through the night and patch it in the morning.

I bought an the thermarest I found on Craigslist. They weigh 11.2 oz. I will test them and let y'all know

The new Neoair Thermarest Uberlite is coming out very soon. It is very pricey and some hikers may look to sell their older Xlite pads.

Keep your eye out for a second-hand deal!
    Follow My Hiking Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/SaraDhooma
    Or if you just like photos: http://instagram.com/scifi_sara

The therm a rest trail scout will be a solid pad for you and hit your price point. You can get much lighter. It cheaper to buy lighter the first time than the second time.

You need to be able to sleep well in order for your body to recover. Two things that worth spending money on: shoes and mattresses. The average person spends 1/3 of their life in bed, and at least 1/3 on their feet. The best pad that I have found is the Big Agnes Q-Core SLX. Way better than the Thermarest.

Shaker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++