WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I specifically purchased a LHG Solong as a two person tent but use it solo also.
    Love having the extra space when solo and large enough for my daughter, myself and all our gear when she goes.
    Pad wise with two is a little tight as I use a large/wide but it works fine.
    Light enough and reasonably priced.

Images

Nemo Hornet 2P...

I use the 1P version.

Images

I got the So long 6. But, then I traded it with a friend for a Lightheart Duo..........4 more ounces..........and it's HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    Agreed.
    For 2 people, you want dual side entries with vestibules
    Under normal circumstances, I agree! Our Michigan backpacking tent does have dual entree. For the A.T. tent, the focus is on weight (not breaking the budget - hopefully, under $350) as I will usually be carrying it alone. My husband will only join me for 6 days of hiking a year. NOTE - even when he joins me: this tent will only be slept in once or twice a year as we prefer shelters. That is why we are fine with a "coffin" tent that only has a single entry. We just need to be able to fit two slim air-mats side-by-side in it. We are even fine with sleeping opposite head-to-toe (his head one end/mine the other)....

Images

I have a SoLong 6 as well - used it as a solo tent 2016. STRONGLY RECOMMEND.

It would fit 2 people, I think. I know it fit me and my pack with room to spare.

A touch more money and a few ounces for the Duo. Saw one guy using a Duo just for the room.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Any backpacking 2P tent is really a 1+.

I have one of these and really like it for solo. I can bring all my stuff in with me, or if there's a 2nd person, (better if you're married and/or thinner) there's room under the fly on each side. Each gets a door (very handy) and you can leave the poles behind and use your trekking poles. It breathes reasonably well, but not as well as a double wall. Flip side, I can throw it up pretty quickly in the rain and not get it all wet inside. For some reason, it's been discontinued, but there are still some to be found.

https://www.rei.com/product/879906/s...ight-2-fl-tent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++